Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IM about to remove my carburetors to install a CCT and figured Id clean them since they look like they could use it. My question is should I just use a spray cleaner or should I soak them?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Breathsounds:
IM about to remove my carburetors to install a CCT and figured Id clean them since they look like they could use it. My question is should I just use a spray cleaner or should I soak them?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If I soak it whole will it be effective or should I remove jets?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
get a pen and paper and put down which pilot jet you removed from where then remove slides the tricky stuff is removing the floats and remeasuring,but just get some compress air thru the pilots and just a minimum effort should clean em inspect your needles keep the slides in same carb it come from as well as check for any cracks or lines that may be crackingcheck that filter that is in between where gas goes in to carbs should be in line (don't know if you got one mines didn't ) make sure when putting caps on that the slides go all the way into the top and if you look under cap there is a little notch that needs to be aligned as well as on diaphragm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts