Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just had my 85 GSXR750F on the dyno after fitting 34mm GSXR1100H carbs and a Stage 3 dynojet kit with individual filters.The dyno man said the bike was running slightly rich at top end (132 main jet fitted)and it was running lean at 7000rpm. He suggested raising the needles to richen it up a bit.but to be honest the bike runs like a dream on the road. If i leave the needles where they are will I risk engine damage? I have done a plug chop at top end and the plug colour is spot on.Any advice appreciated.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Is that from 7k to redline or just a bump at mid throttle that fixes itself? If its from 7k to redline you should do somethin.

This may be a dumb question but would a pingle help this out or is it simply a carb issue?

GregW

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Flying Scotsman:
I've just had my 85 GSXR750F on the dyno after fitting 34mm GSXR1100H carbs and a Stage 3 dynojet kit with individual filters.The dyno man said the bike was running slightly rich at top end (132 main jet fitted)and it was running lean at 7000rpm. He suggested raising the needles to richen it up a bit.but to be honest the bike runs like a dream on the road. If i leave the needles where they are will I risk engine damage? I have done a plug chop at top end and the plug colour is spot on.Any advice appreciated.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input Greg.The bump on the dyno is between 7-8k rpm it does not go right through. I had the fuel/air mix checked and it is ok at top end so i think a pingel tap is not needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts