Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 89 GSX-R 750 (California model) with a Dynojet Stage 1 and full race Yoshimura Zyclone. The emission cannister (for CA models) was removed when the mechanic installed the jet kit.

When I first got the bike back from the mechanic the bike ran great around town. Very smooth and no flat spots and idle was fine. When I took the bike up to the mountains for some canyon riding, I noticed a flat spot traveling somewhere between 30 to 40 mph. The bike idles fine in the mountains. I brought the bike back to the mechanic to make some adjustments. I noticed he moved the clip on the needle from the third to the second notch.

Now the bike runs fine in the higher altitudes with no flat spots. Idle is fine. But around town, I can feel a flat spot taking off from a dead stop. Also, the bike has died quite a few times making quick stops and going slow around corners. Bike idles fine around town. Any advice as to what the problem is? thanks!

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
you'll need to set the carbs to the way they were when they were running fine around town. in other words, undo what the mechanic did.

unfortunately, there's no other way around it when you ride through varying elevations. the higher up you go, the richer the bike will run.....if you adjust the carburetion to run right at higher elevations, the bike will run lean at lower ones.

so, unless you like adjusting the carbs every time you ride at different elevations, just leave it at the setting where the bike runs best at the elevation you ride in the most.

that's at least one area where carbs can't touch fuel injection.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts