Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vancouver Canucks 3
Calgary Flames 0

CALGARY, Alberta (Ticker) -- Brendan Morrison and his linemates picked up where they left off last season. And luckily for the Vancouver Canucks, Dan Cloutier did not.

Morrison had a goal and an assist in a big first period and Cloutier stopped 19 shots as the Canucks opened the season with a 3-0 blanking of the Calgary Flames.

The line of Morrison, Markus Naslund and Todd Bertuzzi was among the NHL's best after Christmas as Vancouver went 28-9-3-3 to nail down a postseason berth. The Canucks won the first two games of the Western Conference quarterfinals, but Cloutier fell apart as they lost four straight to the eventual Stanley Cup champion Detroit Red Wings.

Cloutier hardly was tested by the new-look Flames, who managed just five shots in a lopsided first period. He made eight saves in the second period and three in the third en route to his ninth career shutout.

Morrison opened the scoring 11:28 into the game and, after defenseman Bryan Allen registered his first NHL goal, set up Naslund's power-play tally to make it 3-0.

Roman Turek, who started last season with consecutive shutouts, turned aside 31 shots for Calgary.

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
Originally posted by bigredTL1000S:
oh thank heaven! this is the second best thing thats happened to me!!!! calgary winning and a hockey forum on a bike page!!!!!!!!!

someone kiss me
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ummmmm Calgary go thier asses handed to em!

lol

Drury

Actually I miss that little guy, I wonder how Mr. All American feels about being a Canadien now.

jontflesh

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
i know they will never do well but i think drury is one of the better defencemen to come our way!!!! and of course we signed iginla for like 3 years

so i kinda live in a fantasy world where calgary is the best team in the league.... oh well

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
Originally posted by bigredTL1000S:
i know they will never do well but i think drury is one of the better defencemen to come our way!!!! and of course we signed iginla for like 3 years

so i kinda live in a fantasy world where calgary is the best team in the league.... oh well
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Um Drury is a Centerman......

Put down the Labatts and step away from the puter!

jontflesh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts