Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I'm new here, I can't seem to post in the WTB section? I'm new to this forum but not to forums, most of them have the members fee to post for sale but they let you post wtb threads for free. How do I post one here?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
You don't, that's how they set it up, can't even post if you do want to buy something off someone in their thread unless you become a supporting member.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So let me get this straight. I have to pay the membership fee too if I just want to post a wtb thread? That makes no sense. I understand the need to be paying member if your selling because your making a profit, I guess every forum has its rules and some make more sense then others.

Thank you anyways

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Pretty much.

·
Possibly infected with Ebola
3,216 Posts
So let me get this straight. I have to pay the membership fee too if I just want to post a wtb thread? That makes no sense. I understand the need to be paying member if your selling because your making a profit, I guess every forum has its rules and some make more sense then others.

Thank you anyways

It prevents this site from becoming Craigslist and helps keep the members around. This way people can't come on the site get what they need and leave and not contribute any knowledge to the site. Most people don't have a problem contributing as the classifieds here are amazing. Great stuff at good prices.

The paid membership also allows for a paper trail incase a deal goes south. We have seen it all before. Seller takes the money and never ships the product or vice versa where the seller ships it on good faith to help a fellow rider out and never gets paid. Or we have seen it where people will get the parts they bought in the exact condition that was expressed during the deal and then file a claim on Paypal to get their money back for some bs reason.

1,931 Posts
It prevents this site from becoming Craigslist and helps keep the members around. This way people can't come on the site get what they need and leave and not contribute any knowledge to the site. Most people don't have a problem contributing as the classifieds here are amazing. Great stuff at good prices.

The paid membership also allows for a paper trail incase a deal goes south. We have seen it all before. Seller takes the money and never ships the product or vice versa where the seller ships it on good faith to help a fellow rider out and never gets paid. Or we have seen it where people will get the parts they bought in the exact condition that was expressed during the deal and then file a claim on Paypal to get their money back for some bs reason.
couldnt have said it better. Im on other forums with tons of good info in them, but lately 80% of the content has turned into a market forum, and a bunch are probably scammers.

·
Unstable SuperMod
21,904 Posts
Don't worry about it. He has 2 posts, one asking why he can't make a post then the 2nd complaining about the system. Not a real contributing member of the Forum anyways.

·
Registered
467 Posts

Thank you anyways

Agreed :stupid but oh well what can you do right

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
It's getting fucking old listening to people bitch and moan about this policy. Go start your own forum and buy and sell whatever the fuck you want. It's the policy of this site, it's not changing, move the fuck on and stop fucking complaining. A generation of giant pussies. :banghead

·
The Husbeast
1,318 Posts
A generation of giant pussies. :banghead
Yup, all these "safety" warnings and systems to "protect" people who are too stupid to look out for them selves are creating a generation of people who expect everyone else to look out for them. Then these people breed! :suicide No personal sense of preservation, just more stoopid. Guess who swings when one of these fucktards gets mowed down when they are expecting everyone else to look out for them, thats right, the fucktard who was expecting the first fucktard to see him. I say remove ALL of the warning labels and let the dumb cull itself out of society. Then we can add some depth to that puddle they call the gene pool. :cursing

1 - 12 of 12 Posts