Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can\'t open the damm trunk!!!

It won't open the key turns 3/4 and thats it. I don't know whats wrong with this peice of crap. Any ideas would be helpful before I rip that damm cover off. (2k 750)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Re: Can\'t open the damm trunk!!!

It sound like your cable that opens your rear seat may be partly off. It has happened to me.I took off my rider seat then stuck my hand up and into the rear area to fiddle with the cable and the key and got it open. My locks that I carry inside my trunk area knocked it off.

[ 11-17-2001: Message edited by: God ]</p>

·
.............OG
37,640 Posts

it happened to me once. except i think i was able to turn my key all the way. i got it off by pulling on the cable underneath the tail section. the cable came out of this little plastic retainer up underneath and that's what caused the problem for me.

·
Unstable SuperMod
21,904 Posts

3/4 of a turn and that's it? How much did it normally turn, mine only turns around 1/4 to open. If it did not normally turn this far before, it might be the nut on the back of the cylinder that has backed off, I have seen that before on my buddy's bike. Like the others said, first thing you need to do is get the seat off to have a look.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine did the same thing. I got inside by pulling the front seat off and using a screwdriver to push the cable til it opened. From inside you can change it. I went to the Suzuki dealer and just bought a new one.

·
Registered
30 Posts

Knight2211 said:
3/4 of a turn and that's it? How much did it normally turn, mine only turns around 1/4 to open. If it did not normally turn this far before, it might be the nut on the back of the cylinder that has backed off, I have seen that before on my buddy's bike. Like the others said, first thing you need to do is get the seat off to have a look.

i have an 03 1k and my key barely turns to open the trunk also.

·
Registered
815 Posts
the same thing happend to me!! sometimes it would open sometimes not I finally found a bic lighter that had worked its way from the trunk to under the trunk lock mechanism not allowing it to turn.

·
Registered
185 Posts

It won't open the key turns 3/4 and thats it. I don't know whats wrong with this peice of crap. Any ideas would be helpful before I rip that damm cover off. (2k 750)
hopefully you got it off by now... :D

i just took a crowbar and popped mine off the one time i lost the key, no damage to anything.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Apply some pressure to the top whilst turning the key & as it snags then apply a little more pressure 'till it comes off. Have a look round in the trunk 'cos I think somethig is not letting the mechanism release properly.(Is the trunk packed with things ?)

·
Registered
704 Posts
Apply some pressure to the top whilst turning the key & as it snags then apply a little more pressure 'till it comes off. Have a look round in the trunk 'cos I think somethig is not letting the mechanism release properly.(Is the trunk packed with things ?)

dude, look at the date of the first post...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts