Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can\'t go out for beer - Need to test CDI Box. Help!!!

My 86 750 has bee running very well as of late, I'm having too much fun for one person, starting to feel guilty. Until last Sunday evening when I pushed the starter button nothing happened. I had power everywhere else but at the starter. I asked the guy I got it from what he thought the problem was and he said it was the starter relay, that he had one layin around and I could have it. Well to make a long frustrating story short, after the smoke cleared I had the B/W wire that comes off the relay (the one that's on one of the small posts next to the Y/G wire ) well it no longer had any insulation on it period. I either wired it impropely or the bike wont take a relay that's just layin around. Here's where I am with this thing. I put the old relay back in and it's working. Starter engages again and the motor turns over well, I have 14+volts at the battery, coil resistance is @ 4 ohms for the primary and 12 for the secondary windings, the leads to the CDI read 165 ohms , but I have no spark. What else can it be?

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Re: Can\'t go out for beer - Need to test CDI Box. Help!!!

look on your other thread.!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts