Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new (in 1999) TL-S two weekends ago, just before I went to NZ for a week. Now I can't start her. Any ideas?
It turns over, but simply won't fire up.
Is it because I left her alone as soon as I got her? I haven't even slept with her yet. She's obviously quite selfish.
Or would pulling her out of the lake help her to start?

I'm stumped.

·
Administrator
13,255 Posts
I got a new (in 1999) TL-S two weekends ago, just before I went to NZ for a week. Now I can't start her. Any ideas?
Is it because I left her alone as soon as I got her? I haven't even slept with her yet. She's obviously quite selfish.

I'm stumped.
Is this a serious question...

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts

I'm stumped.
What tests have you done so far?

Check battery voltage?

Fuel flow?

Spark?

Any warning lights on the dash?

·
Banned
29,644 Posts
Old ass post, hopefully the OP will get a notification of a reply.

1. The TL engine is a bitch to bump start.
2. Check plugs, change if needed.
3. Check compression
4. Check fuel delivery. Inspect tank, fuel lines, look for old gas, try spraying ether into the TB's to get it to see if the plugs are firing enough to ignite the ether. Or you can pull a plug out, hold it while you bump the ignition to see if you find a spark.
5. You may have a bad rectifier

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
Ironhead401
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing