Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought there was a thread that was something like , will it fit, or can it be swapped, or will it interchange ?? ive even did a search ??

·
Administrator
15,408 Posts
A thread in the Gixxer Guys section called "Can't Find It", can have so many meanings.

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts
:monkeyface

Attachments

·
Rectum Rupticus
9,925 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol gotta do what ya gotta do to get some sort of reply .... like I always say "it might be short but at least it's skinny" ... before I joined this site I surfed the Web looking at exhaust found a couple I liked , joined this site and there it was the dual tip tri oval "Samantha750" don't wanna seem like a creeper so haven't bombarded her with msgs as to how she got hers, chatted with Yoshimura USA in Chino CA they can get Japan model slip-ons for an extra fee, not sure though if the mount will line up and if the connecting pipe will be right , also if flow will be an issue , prob have to settle with an R11 ..

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
Are you planning on a decat? Anyway, have you asked in the L6 1000 forum? As the 2016 is the same as the L2 models, someone in there might know/have tried it. Like I said, Yoshimura Japan is close to unobtanium these days but if that is the "must-have" exhaust and mount and/or diameter is off, you could have a mid-pipe fabricated that would allow it to fit header and/or line up the mount. Having a custom mid-pipe fabricated should be inexpensive. I got my exhaust from Motomummy back in 2009, a few have popped up for sale in the classifieds in the past?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah that end cap is a must have , I had the almost same type on my fourtrax 250r in a ProCircuit which is now discontinued , and when I seen this one I was in awww , if expense is too outrageous I may have to settle with the R11 or an Alpha-T wouldnt want to pay full system price for a slip on , just really want the "japan" in the logo , I'll try the other threads also gotta be someone out there who thinks like me . Thanks again ...

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
Yes well, therein lies the issue. Back in 2009 I bought mine from Motomummy and I forgot we are both in Texas so I had to pay taxes on it. In total the slip-on cost almost as much as a full system at $700'ish and that was just a week or two before a price hike with a weakening dollar and stronger yen that led to the non-import of Yoshimura Japan.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
On the 12-16 gsxr thread it seems that the "09 headpipe fits the L series motors , thanks yet again !! this might be the route I take eventually, like after the warranty is up lol

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
FYI, warranty cannot be voided by aftermarket parts unless it can be proven it caused the issue. I think I had my bike about a month when I put the exhaust on. So even if you went full system, it wont effect the warranty.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts