Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, just wanted to pass on to the Canadian riders what I thought was a good deal. I was at Crappy Tire (Canadian Tire) yesterday and although they don't usually have much for motorcycles, they had a set of bike stands (front and back) including spools for the back for $80 CAD. I bought a set and they look to be pretty decent. I haven't tried them out yet because my bike is still in too many pieces

·
Yaah I know!
1,020 Posts
Yah I saw it in the catalogue for the average guy they are great I allready have set but if i was a newb I'd buy those. I paid like $100 a piece back in the day

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I guess it is good I'm just an "average" guy!! Maybe if I was special like you I would have paid twice the price!!

·
Yaah I know!
1,020 Posts
I'm not saying i'm special if they were around 12 years ago or so i would have got them myself as there were no cheapies back then I had to shell out the big buck. Sorry if i came across as special cause I'm not

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, I bought a set.
They look good. They are powder coated bright yellow, have the wheels at the bends and come with a few sets of different sized spools and bolts for the rear swingarm. Like I said, my bike is currently having the frame powder coated, so I haven't tried them. But it's Canadian Tire, so if you don't like em, you can always take them back!! For $80 (plus tax of course) you can't go wrong.

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
What year was your bike again? Will you be able to attach the spools? Sounds like a good deal. I paid almost twice that for mine, but they were necessary to work on the bike, so I didn't mind... too much. Wait, $80 for both? I paid almost four times that...

Here's my 'invisible bike' on the stands...

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
What year was your bike again? Will you be able to attach the spools? Sounds like a good deal. I paid almost twice that for mine, but they were necessary to work on the bike, so I didn't mind... too much. Wait, $80 for both? I paid almost four times that...

Here's my 'invisible bike' on the stands...

Wow RobbenI love the paint scheme! Is that a custom paint job? LOL

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
Wow RobbenI love the paint scheme! Is that a custom paint job? LOL
Actually, it's all original. I installed a 'stealth mode' mod when I did the fork seals.

Thought I might have to do the true stealth paint job, that carbon fibre black look, but this seems to work out okay. At least this way, I don't need a bike alarm, ... but the potential for a cage to pull into the parking spot it may be sitting in is a little dangerous.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Robben,

My bike is an 88 GSXR750.
It has a couple of threaded bosses on the bottom of the swingarm near the back, so I assumed it would take the spools. Unlike yours, my front stand hooks into the bottom of the forks. I like your style better, but again... for the price!!

By the way, that must be a "clear" coat paint job, eh?!
Now you know why I picked my user name... I'm full of stoopid jokes!!

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
Clear coat paint job. Good one.
Hadn't thought of that. ... Yeah, it's a clearcoat. I just forgot to put the base colour coat on first. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Lucky. If I want spools, I have to get somebody to weld something onto the swingarm. I chose the full front model because I needed to remove the forks, but for everything else, your front stands will work out okay. It's not often one needs to remove the forks, and if you're creative, you can probably come up with a solution that would work, short of finding somebody with one that you could borrow temporarily.

·
Yaah I know!
1,020 Posts
or take the fairings off put couple of blocks underneath the motor. also use a sling and hang it from the rafters creativity where it's at

·
Registered
135 Posts
I bought a set of those stands but the front stand would not pick up my 03 gix 1000 and was very unstabul with my 01 1000. the rear is good but teh front was shit. brought them back.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I have a set of these stands, as well as a hindle rear stand. The front stand will not engage the holes at the bottom of the forks, and the bolts will bend on the stand if you thread them out so that it will reach the holes in the forks. I am going to get some allen head cap bolts, and some steel tubing that is close to the same size as the bolts to help make them stronger. For the price of the stands I can afford to do a mod or two to make them easier/stronger/ safer to use. My bike already fell off the hindle once(also with under 200Kms on it
) and I don't care to replace another brake lever and turn signal....

·
Registered
504 Posts
While the "Kambodian Tire " stand's are cheap ? remember , you get what you pay for ?
$80-$100 bike fall's off once and breaks a lever....insert $125 here and now they seem to be close to $200 ? I have been building stand's for almost 10 years now , and have seen alot of stand's and used them as well BUT ! if you want a stand thet will lift a VW Beetle get a Pit Bull (17 lbs) and will NEVER break or bend.....$200 + (rear only)

If you'r just putting it away for the winter ? and don't need to be fiddlin with it while on the stand, get the Canadian Tire one. However ? if you do plan on settting sag on suspension( bouncing up and down on the bike while on the stand) makw sure you get something strong that won't let you or the bike down, buy a good set the FIRST time, and keep them for ever and ever aw men ! www.overthetop.ca makes a great stand and is verry strong and light(made of 60/63 aluminum hand tiged , and will last you a lifetime . We also build race stay's and subframes for most model's . Happy racing fella's .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts