Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been told that the motors that are in Canadian streetbikes are faster and stronger then those in the U.S. something about no restrictions. I dont know so I was just hoping to find out to see if it is true or not. Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Well I don't know about the engines being different. I would think that the Canadian bikes are more like the 48 state bikes here. The only difference if I'm right is the 48 state bikes have a different exhaust cam and the others have all the smog crap on them.

gixxerman

·
Registered
553 Posts
You were told wrong.

There were 2 gsxr750 engines when they were carburated.

One was used in France, Switzerland, and California. The other was everywhere else.

The difference was the intake cam. France and Switzerland had 100 hp limitations, and California had emmisions limitations. I think the ECU was also different, but the California bikes would make 49 state hp with just the intake cam. There were also some differences in the carburator calibration, but it all went a way with a jet kit.

After the FI was introduced in '98 the power was the same everywhere in North America. The California bikes had an evaporative emmisions package that did not affect power. It did affect swaping tanks and gas caps though.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
we just tested 6 motors . 3 american and 3 canadian same rider. On the street all 3 of the canadians were faster by far! they will be dyno tested this friday for official results. I will post pics soon as possible. Thanks

·
Registered
553 Posts
we just tested 6 motors . 3 american and 3 canadian same rider. On the street all 3 of the canadians were faster by far! they will be dyno tested this friday for official results. I will post pics soon as possible. Thanks

Bullshit, unless you found 3 California bikes. Or were testing FI bikes against carbed bikes.

Even the California bikes were only 6-8 hp down from the real bikes everybody else was buying, so "by far" is a really stupid statement. "On the Street" was even stupider.

My '96 was originally an early production (short deck, max hp, recalled for head gasket change) Canadian bike, and I have the as purchased dyno sheet. I also have the sheets for several others, so I'm looking forward to your results.

Official for who?

Let me guess, you have 3 canadian bikes for sale? Maybe just the engines? Wait, the well known 10 hp cams?

You're not french are you?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I dont know MW , My man got a bike from Canada, 96 750 fast as fuck. He aint got nothin in it but jet kit. that muthafucka quick as shit. I heard something about Canadian motors being more stronger myself, but I didnt think of it until I seen this one. I dont need a dyno result. I already know

·
Registered
9,181 Posts
I dont know MW , My man got a bike from Canada, 96 750 fast as fuck. He aint got nothin in it but jet kit. that muthafucka quick as shit. I heard something about Canadian motors being more stronger myself, but I didnt think of it until I seen this one. I dont need a dyno result. I already know

·
Registered
553 Posts
I was about half way through that post when I realized that my first '96 750 was a canadian bike.

I bought it in '97 from a club racer who'd done pretty well on it. Here in California, the '96's came in late because of the emissions certifications. The really serious club racers brought them in from Canada because they were available there much earlier.

I've degreed the cams on that bike a couple dozen times, and it went through 4 builds before being replaced with a '99 motor. I have open access to a dyno and hundreds of runs on it. I've tested local bikes and other race bikes. Power, cams, and internal clearances were no different in the '96 motors, other than the 100 hp European and California cams. There were a few early short deck motors, and mine was one of them, but they also appeared in the US.

To suggest that a single rider testing 9 year old bikes on the street without any description of the bikes establishes that the Canadian bikes were "much" faster is absurd. Many of them I see these days are half dead from neglect.

I'm waiting for the 6 dyno sheets that were promised, but think the post was a line of shit and doubt they're coming.

Have you ever ridden a well set up US bike?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Canadian bikes are fast sucka!!!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Canadian bikes are fast sucka!!!
Not because the bikes are any different, must be the nuts on the tank.

Nice shot of a club racer who's paid some dues. The bike looks like it's been through those dues as well. We're not talking about 600s here are we? Who really cares when every 750 SRAD ever made will still gun down the 600 SRADs they haven't built yet? If it goes any other way, it's the rider.

I'm still waiting for that bitch VaginaGixxer to post the 6 dyno runs he was going to make last friday.

If he's your little girl, slap her and lets see the evidence.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Love that bike. The new 600's are getting awfully fast for the old beater but still a bike with plenty of respect from those that know better. Nothing pulls on it out of corners. I've been fixing it up again for a backup bike. I could never sell one of the few surviving 750 SRAD race bikes. Here's a before of that. Duck tape is incredible stuff

·
Registered
553 Posts
I'm buried in my old 750 as well. Not much of it is actually my old 750 at this point.

It will always be more bike than I will ever use. Yup, a few guys with similar ability on newer bikes will get by. I'm old enough to live with that.

·
Yaah I know!
1,000 Posts
I could not agree more

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.