Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a decent dealer in Canada that I can order some stock cables for my 86 750 push pull throttle? I emailed the link Mr Gixxer posted a while back, but got no response.

Thanks
Dave

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Two thumbs up for Ben! If he doesn't know it about GSXRs, it isn't known. Or something mystical like that

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, it's a 2 cable throttle (I think), It looks exactly like the 86 (start button, red run switch, the whole bit) but in addition to the standard cable below with the metal bracket, it has a threaded hole which I assume is for the second cable. I havent called on it yet, but the guy I got it from said it was a 86 canadian gsxr 750 push pull throttle assy. I've never personally had any cables on it, so I may be mistaken.
I'll let you know what I find out.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I fabricated cables for mine out of stuff from the bike wreckers. Learned a long time ago that a brasing tourch and some cable sheeths of the right lenght are a hell of a lot cheaper than oem.

I don't mind non-oem as long as it works as good or better. You might not have the same attitude.

My flatslides developed a habit of hanging open just above a idle. so the push pull was a solution, and not just a want to "put something in a hole"

I'm not sure if i have actually said anything constructive or not, but now i have made my post for this month.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts