Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you run a PCII, and your bike is totaly stock, are you gona see a difference? I am in the process of getting a full Hindle System but dont quite have the cash. I have the PCII already and i want to use it. Is it worth it? Thanks guys

[ 11-17-2001: Message edited by: God ]</p>

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
if you've got it already, use it. it'll improve low end and midrange throttle response and smooth out the power delivery.

·
Registered
357 Posts
There you have it. If Jeff said it you can take it to the bank. I've heard from other guy's that say the same thing that Jeff just said.

------------------
AKA BARRYZX9R

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ok, so I've been lurking a decided I need to pick up a PCII. Checked out the photos and catalogs but have a simple question.

Where do you install it? The catalogs mention buttons for adjusting. Is this something that you can literally do "on the fly"?

I'm primarily curious if I'm adding something simple for someone to to just grab off the bike....but I'm also basically clueless about it. :) It sounds like a boost controller from my old Supra days.

-=>Sean

------------------

·
.............OG
37,640 Posts
What size/year bike do you have? Everyone usually mounts them under the rear seat/cowl in the little trunk.

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
the pc2 comes with velcro to mount in the storage space, but really you can mount it anywhere as long as it's not directly exposed to the elements.

the buttons are so that you can adjust the mixture roughly without hooking a computer up to it. you can't do it when you're actually riding (if you could mount the pc2 up where you can reach it). but again, it's a very coarse adjustment.

there's really no such thing as a secure part on a bike.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I talked to the guy at dynojet when installing my pc2 last week. He recommended that I not try adjusting the pc2 with the 3 buttons on front. He said without the bike being on a dyno that more than likely you could only make it worse. He did tell me to try different maps. I did and the yoshi map works better for my bike. Buy the way I have a M4 full system. The m4's map is richer than the yoshi. Jeff my bike is running great with this map. Do you think I will get much more out of the pc2 buy going to a tuning center and getting it custom mapped on a dyno. The cost is $200 for this. I would hate to spend that much money and not notice a major improvement. Buy the way the leds on the pc2 indicate throttle position when in the normal mode. As you open and close the throttle you will notice the led position.

------------------
AKA BARRYZX9R

·
Registered
37 Posts
I place a PC2 with timing advance table, the bike feel a lot smoother but not alot of power difference. But i increase three level of low end, three at middle range and two at top end through the three button. It feel alot more power. Like riding with that setting.

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
sum750,

well, keep in mind that those maps are all baseline settings - different bikes may run better with different settings. by spending the $200 at the power commander center, you are getting a custom map tailored and optimized for YOUR bike, not another one, even if that bike is supposedly identically set up as yours.

but since the cost is rather high, i'd suggest that you put on all the mods you're going to see yourself putting on in the near future, before getting the pc2 tuned. i mean, it's kind of a waste to spend $200 to get it optimized, and then throwing the optimization off if you put on a bmc or k&n filter afterwards, because then you'd want to spend another $200 getting it optimized again.

but that's where the advantage of having those three onboard buttons lies - it lets you play with the mixture settings if you don't want to fiddle around with all of the many many tiny adjustments in the software, or pay somebody else to do the fiddling.

as bigwhizkid discovered, sometimes it may make an improvement. and if it doesn't, no big deal, just set the adjustments back to zero (midpoint). play around with it if you have the time; it's not costing you any money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts