Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, this is my first post, so please be gentle. I’m re-building my SRAD after taking the engine out to repair the gear box. I have managed to re-connect everything - except just when I thought I was there, I found a little spigot that looks as if it should have a tube connected. It’s to the r/h side of the engine where a pipe comes out of the inlet air control damper, it has a ‘t’ and the side pointing down has a short pipe connecting it to the atmospheric pressure sensor. But, as you can see in my photo it looks as if there should be another pipe coming from the ‘t’, but I don’t have any pipes left to connect. Any advice would be welcome.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,020 Posts
isn't that the fuel pressure regulator return fuel line? low pressure side? plugs into rear of tank..

ah nevermind I see the arrow now, time to bust out the service manual, its clean so its been plugged in, you got all your emissions connected? is it cali E33 with charcoal filter and is your pair still in tact?

there are vacuum line diagrams in the service manual

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
isn't that the fuel pressure regulator return fuel line? low pressure side? plugs into rear of tank..

ah nevermind I see the arrow now, time to bust out the service manual, its clean so its been plugged in, you got all your emissions connected? is it cali E33 with charcoal filter and is your pair still in tact?

there are vacuum line diagrams in the service manual

Thanks for the reply. My bike had no pipes connected at the rear of the tank when I got it, but from what I’ve read they are a breather and a drain pipe for the filler cap. I’m not sure which emissions you mean, Or what the other bits you mentioned. Nothing in my Haynes manual, few pics of the damper from the wrong side so I can’t see where the pipe goes.

·
Premium Member
7,020 Posts
yea that silver pipe bent downward thats your FI return line, that needs to be installed, may as well get the vent lines too and drop them under the right side rear set, there should be a collector that holds the lines bolted to the underside of the frame spar, threads pointing at the ground, a lil loop bolts on there..

you can order new lines off ronayers.com, even fuel lines, worth it, you must use chemical resistant line for that FI return line.. should use chemical resistant lines for the overflow as well, vacuum line will suffice for the main tank vent line..

seems you need to chase down the service manual, and and look for any hose diagrams on the bike, if its E33 or cali emission there should be a canister hose schematic stuck to the inside of the undertail inside the trunk on the right side there where it forms a square box..

sort what type of bike it is, then sort what you have on it that's original, pair valve, charcoal canister so forth.. there are delete procedures for both but you want to do them right..

a quick glance at the manual will show you what those are, pair valve and charcoal canister.. if you have them or partial we can go over how to delete them proper, or rebuild them to stock form?

once this is done you can then figure out what's what with lines and what not.. i think glancing over the emissions components as well will clear a lot up..

you will have to use your Vin# to determine if its cali or not.. go from there and sort it out

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea that silver pipe bent downward thats your FI return line, that needs to be installed, may as well get the vent lines too and drop them under the right side rear set, there should be a collector that holds the lines bolted to the underside of the frame spar, threads pointing at the ground, a lil loop bolts on there..

you can order new lines off ronayers.com, even fuel lines, worth it, you must use chemical resistant line for that FI return line.. should use chemical resistant lines for the overflow as well, vacuum line will suffice for the main tank vent line..

seems you need to chase down the service manual, and and look for any hose diagrams on the bike, if its E33 or cali emission there should be a canister hose schematic stuck to the inside of the undertail inside the trunk on the right side there where it forms a square box..

sort what type of bike it is, then sort what you have on it that's original, pair valve, charcoal canister so forth.. there are delete procedures for both but you want to do them right..

a quick glance at the manual will show you what those are, pair valve and charcoal canister.. if you have them or partial we can go over how to delete them proper, or rebuild them to stock form?

once this is done you can then figure out what's what with lines and what not.. i think glancing over the emissions components as well will clear a lot up..

you will have to use your Vin# to determine if its cali or not.. go from there and sort it out
ok, so now I understand the E33 Cali reference. I’m in the UK so we don’t have to have the additional emissions systems. My photo was taken while ago, the FI return is now connected. I found split in the feed hose from the fuel tank, so I’ll order a pair of hoses for the overflow and breather while I’m at it. So as I see it, if I don’t have any emissions components to deal with. I just need to replace/install the 3 hoses discussed. But it still leaves me with the missing hose mentioned. In my Haynes manual, I don’t seem to be able to find any photos of the rhs of the damper where the hoses exit. You can just see it in this photo - but not where it goes. Also if those hoses coming out or the rear of the tank are breather and drain pipe, then I can’t see any other obvious connection points for a hose.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,020 Posts
yes you need to determine what was plugged into that, find the manual, print out a large hose sensor diagram, or use the manual and compare to see what you don't have against a euro model in the manual, ronayers microfiche might help?

if you don't sort it in a few days I can raise the tank and have a peek, do you have the sensor that's open to atmosphere connected? it has like black nipple stays open to atmosphere, is it the air pressure sensor I think? it's like a 1"x1" square sensor, has a lead wire as well if I am not mistaken.. some folks wonder what plugs into that, nothing.. unless nipple is a different color in the UK? there is 1 on the air box has a vacuum line, then one with just a wire is it? man I used to be able to visualize all that.. sucks

that empty one is the only one I can remember being in that area but not 100%, been a while...

go through all your sensors one at a time, list them, check their existence and connection maybe function as well if it has start/run issues?

1. air temp
2. air pressure
3. air flow
5, tipover
6. clutch
7. side stand

something like this and then double check make sure they are all accounted for and connected with good hose and wire whatever...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts