Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I got the AK-20's from Traxxion. They were in my ZX636 B1 before. I sent them down to Traxxion to have them retrofitted for the new bike. Max called me up and we talked for a bit, he told me I got the first set yet again.

I wrote the installation manual for those, so if you ever get a set of 'em, do a google search for "plarp, ak-20" if you need help.

Max is the shit, if you've got any problems, you drop those folks a dime and they'll get you sorted out without any banter or bullshit. I'm a lifelong Traxxion customer. Worth every penny too, those things make the front end feel incredibly planted.

I heard someone say "you don't know good suspension until you've ridden it." I totally agree with that too. Spend the money!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well I'm going with GP suspension. Dave Hodges is a great guy. Gives me great deals and continued support. I'll check out yer write up.

Pic of Daves S/S carts

GP Suspension, best in the biz!!! I live just a few miles from there shop and I will be taking my new 750 to them, when I get it!!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
My last 2 bikes I just revalved the front and rear and it was a nice improvement but it took a bit of track time to get dialed in, so I 'm thinking about internals I was wondering about what it costs for the GP or Traxion I've got the K6 750
Thanks

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks that sounds like a good deal as the Ohilns are 50% more. I spent 700.00 to get the frnt & rear revalved and it was much better but I guess you get what you pay for. I ended up revalving the rear twice becuase it was shredding tires. I'll check them out. I'm also wondering about tire size & set-up I'll probably switch to Dunlaps but don't if that will change the bikes geometrey . Last year there was about a 4mm diff. between the Dunlaps 209 & Mich. power race. (rear tire size)and if I raise the front the bike would run wide.
Thanks again

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
$1700.00 for Gp Suspension S/S cartridges. They install them. If you are racing and "one of the FAST guy's" then I would suggest either one. If you’re not then just do the Race-Tech stuff.
It's really not worth the money to buy the S/S carts if you aren't out riding the Race-Tech re-valve and shimmed forks.

·
Bearded Admin call him Grizzly
88,756 Posts
Well I'm going with GP suspension. Dave Hodges is a great guy. Gives me great deals and continued support. I'll check out yer write up.

Pic of Daves S/S carts

damn those look sweet

1 - 17 of 17 Posts