Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
no... for many reasons, though the most significant difference would be that the bore size doesn't match
that has no effect on heads from the same family of engines, people have been doing this with cars for years, from 350's with heads off of 305s to honda 1.8 liters with heads off of 1.6-2.0 liter motors

as long as the bore centers, all the studs, cooling passages and the timing gear ass. line up, why not

if im wrong, you can castrate me

www.2502designs.com

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
...diff. combustion chamber............?

·
Registered
65 Posts
go ahead then... give it a whirlie & let me know how it turns out

I figure between the decreased compression, wacked cam timing, and large quench areas you've created, you ought to have a real animal on your hands. A wounded one.
dude you need to stop misinforming people, the cam timing will not change if you use 750 cams and gears, the head itself is the same

http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/300_0314/c...amp;parent=5600

that is the 750 fiche, the head itself is part no. 11100-35F00

http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/300_0269/c...amp;parent=5840

that is the 1000 fiche, the head itself is part no. 11100-35F00

therefore, compression would be the same, combustion chamber shapes the same, valve diameters the same, quench area shapes the same, etc...

to make it work effectively on the 750 you just need 750 cams, but even if you don't have them I am also fairly sure the 1000 cams would work, just not be optimum

the misinformation on this board scares me sometimes, people offer advice that is wrong, then go into wounded dog attack mode when someone corrects them, don't get mad and argue because your mad you were wrong, read up and learn the correct answer, to help the original poster as much as possible, and try to use facts, not just words like quench area, because you heard them on hotrod tv once

sorry, not meant to offend, just frustrated by misleading advice

www.2502designs.com

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
Well, you got me on this one. But not because I was intentionally misleading people...

What I did was read the statement below, and the K3 stuck in my head. I admittedly skimmed over the info, for if I had read back over, I would have caught the mistake... as 2001-2002s are the same, but 3Ks differ:

just wondering if the gsxr 1000 k1-k3 head and cams be put on a k2 gsxr 750 and would there be any benafits ?
I based my assertions on a 3K 1000 head. Which is different.
But you're absolutely right - a '01-'02 is the same part.

wounded dog mode, hotrod tv - whatever man.
You didn't catch that the poster bunched 2 different design years together either... you just erred on the side of the earlier models rather than later.

Oh, and I almost forgot. Fuck you.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
now now buys its starting to be a pub brawl lol was wanting to know as if i ever need to change my head for any reason i can use the 1000 head of a k1-k2 , i was not awaer that the k3 was different

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well, you got me on this one. But not because I was intentionally misleading people...

What I did was read the statement below, and the K3 stuck in my head. I admittedly skimmed over the info, for if I had read back over, I would have caught the mistake... as 2001-2002s are the same, but 3Ks differ:

just wondering if the gsxr 1000 k1-k3 head and cams be put on a k2 gsxr 750 and would there be any benafits ?
I based my assertions on a 3K 1000 head. Which is different.
But you're absolutely right - a '01-'02 is the same part.

wounded dog mode, hotrod tv - whatever man.
You didn't catch that the poster bunched 2 different design years together either... you just erred on the side of the earlier models rather than later.

Oh, and I almost forgot. Fuck you.

So why wouldn't you simply correct him on the 3k being different and let him know only 01-02 would work, instead of being an internet tuff guy prick? Would have saved you alot of back peddling..............

·
Registered
988 Posts
the 1000 and 750 heads are the same from 01-02.. the only thing that is different are the valve springs. Yes you can put 1000 cams in a 750. I have done it to 3 750's now. All are making over 135hp at the wheel. The last one only had a slip on (02 750) mapped out at 135.8hp.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.