Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if, on these bikes, one can change swingarm bearings without such things as a press. Do they need to be pressed in, or can they just be banged out and then tapped in? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
With the swingarm off the bike you might be able to come from the back side with a punch. Use a little heat from a propane torch. If that doesn't work you can always cut them out with a dremel and cut wheel, but ya got to be real careful. I like to freeze a new bearing and heat the the place it goes. Find a socket that fits it exactly and tap it in. I haven't done a swingarm in a long time so I am not sure of this whole job, but this is kinda standard for needle bearings. good luck. BTW, I should have a set of dyno jet needles for 34mm carbs, but I don't have clue where to start looking. If I can find them I will let you know and just send them to ya. No charge.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would really appreciate that Rogerlee. Your a good guy. And thanks for the info on changing bearings. I changed the swingarm bearings once on a 97 or 98 ZX7R. It was a bitch to say the least. I may just pay someone to do it. Thanks for the info though. I'll send you an email with my address, in the event that you find those needles. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
7,715 Posts
Just wondering if, on these bikes, one can change swingarm bearings without such things as a press. Do they need to be pressed in, or can they just be banged out and then tapped in? Thanks.
Thats how mine went in.. water cooled bike though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.