Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I was hoping one of you kind forum goers would meaure your triple clamps for me.
All I need is (on the top clamp) the...

Spacing between the fork centers (one adjuster to the other) and
The distance from the middle of the steering stem to the middle of the igntion barrel.
In mm would be perfect, but I can work in inchs too.

Thanks ! :cheers

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
I have a spare 750 clamp lying around, easier to measure on. Will do that tomorrow :)

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
...or do you want the measurements from the 600 clamp? They are now the same, but then again I have one of those lying around as well... ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It has to be a 750 clamp. 1996 to 1999 Vintage if possible.
I need one with the key straight in front of the stem, not off to the side like some later ones.
I have a GSXR600 here, but being a 2001 it has regular RWU forks not USD's.

I really appreciate the help SVS.

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
For the '96-'99 750 only:

- Clamps, center-center: 214 mm

- Stem, ign., c-c: 72mm

Sounds to me like you want to put SRAD USD forks on your K-model 600, right? A few tips for that:

- The SRAD fork legs are 2mm further apart. That means you'll need a 1mm washer on each side of the wheel bearings if you want to use the K-model rim. I made a write-up about that, it's a "Sticky" at the top of the 96-99 Forum :D

- The K-model brake calipers won't fit on the SRAD fork - the bolt hole distance is different. 90mm on the SRAD and as far as I recall 65mm on the K. So you need the SRAD calipers too. Other alternative calipers that fit are those from the '94-'95 750 and the TLR, possibly the same years 1100 and the Busa

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.