Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of getting a yosh slip on. Should I even bother?

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
yosh makes a kick ass pipe however if you can afford it go witht he full pipe. slip on will add a tad of power and it sounds very nice, the full system sounds close to the same and adds a lil more power the just a slip on. either way i woould do it!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just don't feel like remapping right now. I figure with just the can I won't need to. I really looking for just some nice sound as the bike has all the power I can handle.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
i had a yosh, it was the street version, a bit to quite for my taste, but some people like quite so who knows..my jardine is alot louder

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
A slip on is nice..if ya aren't looking for a power increase..just looks, and sound..but for the $$ you'll spend..I'd snag a full system..and remapping ain't all that spendy...well worth it..
personally..I like quiter pipes, my Yosh race was a tad loud for me..

·
Registered
781 Posts
My Yosh RS3 is bloody loud but sooooooo sweet and lurrrvly. I can't take the bike to work any more as it is too loud for my return journey at 0300. Still I love it but it's pissing down raining outside and I haven't started my bike for more than five days now. Can,t wait till I hear the rumble of that exhaust again.

·
Registered
645 Posts
you can tune a couple to a few hp if you do a fuel mod like PC2 or jetting. It does benefit as it's more of a straight through rather than a pressurized can like the stock silencer. So it does have it's good attributes of doing a can by itself. By doing a good "tuned" header with the can though, you're looking between 8 to 11hp gained. I'm talking real hp though.

So a can's not a waste necessarily, but a full system is no doubt going to have its fuller function.

·
Registered
772 Posts
If you just want a little more sound a can will be just right for you. No remapping should be required.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts