Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a slightly modified 04G1K, you can see all my mods on my auto sig. This is probably nothing, but I wanted to ask and see what the you people think.

Last Saturday about 9 of my friends went on a ride. One friend has a stock 1000RR and wanted to trade bikes. I've never ridden a 1000RR and he hasn't been on my bike since I got the Cams, so we swapped. We made several roll on runs and it was no surprise that my bike spanked the 1000RR every time...It was kinda funny seeing what everyone else sees when I race them and actually hearing my bike as it went by..Man that thing zipped by fast..Anyways, he had a shit eating grin on his face and I really liked the way the 1000RR handled in the corners (the seat was hard as a freakin rock though).

Later in the day on the way home, my wife pulls along side me on her 01G1K and gives me the thumbs up, so I click down 2 gears and give her the "I'm ready nod" we both hit it and took off like rockets...Much to my amazment she was right next to me...I should have left her like the roadrunner, but I didn't...Her bike makes about 147 HP. We have raced before and I have smoked her every time...

I know that her bike didn't just gain 18 HP with no mods other then what shes always had. We haven't gotten to run them again to see if she could do it again...Even if she was in a lower gear I still should have pulled her up top, but I didn't...Is there a chance that the adjustable cam sprockets have slipped of something? My Mechanic said that if they would have slipped a little, then they should have slipped enough for me to tell by the way its running. Everything feels the same, the bike starts and runs just like it always has. I can't feel any dead spots in it and it does not hesitate at all....I can't help but think this might have been some sort of fluke, or that I didn't pin the throttle all the way. I just don't know at this point. Short of taking it to my mechanic or putting it back on the dyno, I don't know what to think right now...I'm going to try and get her out again and line them up and hit it again to see what happens...Its just wierd to me....

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Your cam sprockets can slip. If they only slip 5 degrees or so you won't be able to tell from listening to the motor or any other way. Have it dynoed again and see what it puts out. If you have dropped considerable hp re check the cams.
I have had adjustable cams slip a couple times.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts