Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my 07 gsxr-750, how can I modify it to me and how I ride? And im not just talking moving the pegs.. lol. I would appreciate it!!:banghead
Thanks! Candy

·
It burns down where I sit
5,766 Posts
Just bought my 07 gsxr-750, how can I modify it to me and how I ride? And im not just talking moving the pegs.. lol. I would appreciate it!!:banghead
Thanks! Candy
Well Candy, If your into the unicycle thing, you can remove the front tire.

If your into 1/4 mile drags you can put a nice long swingarm and whoolie bars on it.

If you into Supermotard you may want to look into frame bracing and long travel suspension.

...See this could go on forever but I think we can get you some more focused help if you tell us WHAT type of riding your looking for and what your supersport bike isn't doing properly for you. :cheers

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I only do casual street for the most part, the roads here wind a lot and are pretty rough, although I love to let it lose on the highways and such. Is there a way I can adjust the front suspension to be a little more shock absorbing? Just a tad, I don't want a cruiser... lol. forgive me guys, its been a five years since I rode last and that was a katana. Just want to get the most out of my bike, this is my dream bike, been waitin on it a while.
Candy

·
5,766 Posts
Well I only do casual street for the most part, the roads here wind a lot and are pretty rough, although I love to let it lose on the highways and such. Is there a way I can adjust the front suspension to be a little more shock absorbing? Just a tad, I don't want a cruiser... lol. forgive me guys, its been a five years since I rode last and that was a katana. Just want to get the most out of my bike, this is my dream bike, been waitin on it a while.
Candy
Without going into proper setup and all that Jazz the large colored caps on top of your forks (not 100% sure on your bike but it will be in your manual)
are for the "preload" or tension on the front springs.

If you turn them out it will give a little less tension on the springs but I say this with a whole lot of caution.

Getting your bike sprung for your weight and riding style will do more for you and your road confidence than any "comfy" settings you think work better for you.

·
Would come out of the closet - if I could find a s
4,077 Posts

·
PM me for Brotection
57,513 Posts
I'd suggest getting some full riding gear and taking a trackday school. You can get help in setting up your suspension there, and that's the real place to learn the bike and get comfortable.

Doing that will do more for your riding than anything else, period.

·
5,766 Posts
I'd suggest getting some full riding gear and taking a trackday school. You can get help in setting up your suspension there, and that's the real place to learn the bike and get comfortable.

Doing that will do more for your riding than anything else, period.
Listen to these words.

Even if "Your not into racing" or going fast, basicly you can look at it as
buying a model airplane and having someone show you how to take off and land without shitting your pants or wrecking your toy plane.

But in this case we are talking about your life.

Or buying a hand gun and going to the shooting range to see what really shooting it is like.

And there a shit ton of fun...:punk

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Just want to get the most out of my bike, this is my dream bike, been waitin on it a while.
Candy
I have Racetech springs on order, so I'll be able to adjust the suspension for my weight. The stock suspension is limited in how much adjustment you can make. Go to the Racetech site & you can plug in your weight and compare it to the stock springs that are listed. Gives you an idea if it's worth going with new ones. I'm getting ready for a track day in May, and like you, want to make this bike all mine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Allright,

Some adjustments to personalize it for you.

clipons- if their stock then ur very limited but aftermarket means you can lower them move them forward or closer in. - these changes depend upon your arm length and shoulder width as well on torso heighth and of course person comfort and how hard or easy you ride.

Controls - can be set at more downward angle or up and also clutch and brake levers adjusted to how much or little pull you want and their responsiveness.

ride highth - fornt forks can be dropped in triples, lower or higher profile tire put on (same with rear tire) Back shock spring could be swithchted out for lower or higher. At the dogbones, lowering or lift kits can be installed, also totally swithch out rear shock is option too.

pedals - besides going to reaer sets (lowering or raising) theirsw you shift control to adjust and your rear brake,

these are but a few adjustments and/or mods theat personalizes the ike to you as well as mentioned earlier suspension which is the largerst demonitator of the bike fitting you, If no suspension setting on the bike statisfies you and makes you comfortable trade it in and find one thT DOES, Its the biggest change bar none to ou and machine being one.

I must leave for now since my scrips are kicking in and I Can barely stay awakE

Best wishes with your new toy luv.

will pop in later and add the other things my mmind id at present hybernating!

g'night

1 - 10 of 10 Posts