Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
doeas anyone have or know where i can get cam specs for the 96 750, and the 99 750 cams? im putting 99's in my 96 and would like to know the degree, etc.

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
are you putting on new sprockets? if not then they are a direct bolt on... Let me know what you are looking for and I will check the book when I get home..

John

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
john will have the proper book, but for comparison sake, my haynes manual says :

96/97 (98/99)

inlet lobe height(Cal) 33.992-34.048 (same as below)
inlet lobe height 36.502-36.558 (36.660-36.728)
exhaust lobe height 35.692-35.748 (35.280-35.348)

hope that might help, but means absolutely bugger all to me !!! rest of the info is identical between the two according to this.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Originally posted by wyldbil:
doeas anyone have or know where i can get cam specs for the 96 750, and the 99 750 cams? im putting 99's in my 96 and would like to know the degree, etc.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The lift and duration on the '99 cams are the same as the '96, unless the '96 is a California bike.

As John indicated, they'll drop in on the stock timing marks. No change in anything though, other than a small reshuffling of the factory tolerences.

If you're using adjustable sprockets, the Factory Pro Tuning site has a bunch of good info on these bikes, including the cam lobe centers that the Supersport types were using back in the day.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info. i dont know what to do with the #'s but a friend should. hes the one who told me to drop in the 99's in the first place. im gonna kill him if it doesnt make a difference!

[ 06-18-2002, 08:40 AM: Message edited by: wyldbil ]

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Well if both motors are 750s then I dont think you will see much difference... If you put the 750 cam in a 600... well then you might see something..

John

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
according to the first ride 96 magazine and first ride 98 magazine motorcyclist they said that there is a difference in duration, but you can't lie to the great book of service manuel i will look to see and let ya know by how much

·
Registered
645 Posts
what are aftermarket cams running for in a 96 Gixxer 750? I wouldn't mind exploring that idea. Anyone ever do aftermarket cams in their Gix-750's? If so how much power gain did you see, and what did you do to get the full benefit from it? I'm used to doing cams in cars and having to readjust lifters, or let out the exaust to make it breath right, etc.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Oh, one more thing... this is for audi1031. I noticed your picture shows only one front disc. What is up with that? Also, how well did you notice the displacement upgrade? Like as in, how much power did you pull out of it. One more thing. Why the 98' motor w/96' carb system? Why are people taking their 98'+ Gixxer 750's and converting them to carbueration? Just curious only really.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Originally posted by 96Gixx7Fitty:
what are aftermarket cams running for in a 96 Gixxer 750? I wouldn't mind exploring that idea. Anyone ever do aftermarket cams in their Gix-750's? If so how much power gain did you see, and what did you do to get the full benefit from it? I'm used to doing cams in cars and having to readjust lifters, or let out the exaust to make it breath right, etc.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">http://www.gsxrzone.com/cams.html

Jay

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Okay well reason for the 1 rotor is i had them both chromed,but the shop that did it grounded off the part where the hose attaches (didn't seal properly ) it leaked so I wanted to ride and i put the only one on and rode the bike. I seen drag racers do it i didn't too much care for it but I did it and since have not thought of putting other one on. Yes some say you may not stop as hard but i like that i am able to control brakes with out them locking up in a panic stop or anything to that nature. Now as far as the motor switch i had a 96 motor and it got busted up so i got a 98 motor with all electrics but the gas tank are not same on 96/98 so i would either had to get repainted and that was out the question or get tank to welding shop to weld a extra line to rear of tank and that was out the question so i put carbs on 98 motor since they are about the same. Believe me if i had a choice again i would have Fi on but due to riding season and not wanting to be down that much that much i choose that route. Now as far as bore kit with it having low end tunning problems I am able to still walk a 97 750 pretty convincingly at the with me going 1 down in rear NOT FRONT so i see that it is a good deal oh yeah 97 750 was dynoed 117.8 or somethang like that and we have done roll ons and no chance after i get into 7k and up.
I hope i answered your questions if not please let me know

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well if both motors are 750s then I dont think you will see much difference... If you put the 750 cam in a 600... well then you might see something..

John
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Is it possible to put a 750 cam into a 600 engine? If so, what would be the noticeable differences in performance?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts