Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyones thrown a set of cams in without porting the head or building an engine...
i know Karns did an overbore build, but i can't find any other info....

I know yoshi do the ST-R cams, anyone else making them yet?

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Web cams, yoshi, and there were one or 2 more I’ve heard of. Can’t remember who

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
web said they only do custom grinds, or do they have some off the shelf patterns now?

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
That I can’t remember honestly. Have them make some custom grinds and send it they do great work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ill flick him a PM, i'm in AUS so its a little hard.

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My cams are degreed and head shaved. Well worth it to me
legend cheers dude, did you have any before and afters? be interesting to see the difference

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yep ive been keeping track of your factory freak mate ;)

thats a pretty sizeable increase even by %, and those stock cams appear to top out at 13500, if something were to peak around the 14500 mark... it'd be interesting if nothing else.

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
yep ive been keeping track of your factory freak mate ;)

thats a pretty sizeable increase even by %, and those stock cams appear to top out at 13500, if something were to peak around the 14500 mark... it'd be interesting if nothing else.
i can get the yosh cams to peak at 14200 with timing but it looses to much between 8-11k (where you need power to come off the corner) and it isnt worth the gain. so i ended up going back.

jason

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thats interesting Jason, i honestly thought dialed in as standard thats around where they would have been peaking, maybe Yosh is looking for power in other areas?
like you said, mid range corner exit power?

·
Registered
251 Posts
yep ive been keeping track of your factory freak mate /forums/images/smilies/smiley_wink.gif

I wish I would’ve splurged for the velocity stacks and had them added. Easily would’ve been over 200hp. For what it’s worth for comparison... buddy had his bike flashed and tuned by Karns and only difference now is exhaust, cams, and polish/undercut of tranny and it’s a world of difference when going all out and coming out of the corners

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thats a good comparison, i appreciate it.

who makes the velocity stacks???

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks mate, do they still move like the standard ones do or are they fixxed in place?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
7 Participants
MaxOwner
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing