Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a lot of modded aircooled Suzukis I see they have extra oil lines running between two points on each side of the head that are blocked on the stock bike (I think one is the fairing mount for GSXRs). Some just link the two points, but some actually seem to have a feed from the oil pump behind the cyls I've even seen some that had an extra oil cooler before the head. I've heard vauge references that these "link the oil channels for the cams" or similar stuff, but I've also never heard anyone say that this was an important mod. Do people just do it because it looks cool? Does it improve cam lubrication for high-lift cams or for bike that spend a lot of time doing wheelies or stoppies? None of the catalogs that list them seem to explain what they're for (or at least what they do). What's the deal?

Matt

------------------

·
Registered
163 Posts
the early gsxr's had poor oil pressure when under load...the best kits feed of the cam cover and to the cam bolts...yoshimura has a trick to mod the cam cover also to improve oil pressure ..more the better ...if you need pictures I can email them to you ..thanks

·
Premium Member
6,964 Posts
I'd like to see this mod also chris. Are you just going to post or send numerous emails. Seems to be pretty popular request!!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Did anyone ever get these pictures? I just bought a earl's top end oiling kit. Didn't know what it looked like. Now I have it and it appears to only feed cylinders 3 and 4. Cylinders 1 and 2 just get a line that ties the two rocker shaft passages together. I'm kind of dissapointed. So if there is another way to get more oil to the cams I was hoping someone could help me out?

·
idiot
2,575 Posts

·
3,482 Posts
I guess Chris meant 24 months....again, totally unreliable:mad

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.