Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Twice now I have had trouble with the hydraulic clutch slave unit 'bleeding' down. More specifically it seems to just allow air into the sealed system.

Although it take a couple days for the clutch to become useless, I thought it might be good to relate what I've done in case there are any better solutions I've overlooked. I have pressure tested both the master cyl and the line to the slave and they sustain their pressure perfectly.

I have flushed and resealed the slave unit(it was in poor shape but piston was mint)and it came back to life quite nicely. Since then the ambient air temp has increased dramatically for the summer and I've noticed the DOT4 fluid is turning cola colored quite quickly(2months)and needed replacing again. No sediment this time as a result of the first cleaning I gave it, but I'm thinking it may have been a result of the hot engine compartment and a lot of miles in those 2 months? In either case, flushing the fluid and bleeding the system again has resolved the problem for now. I suspect the slave will go again before the end of summer (hoping not though).

Anyone else have hydraulic clutch stories they'd like to relate?

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
I'd _guess_ that even though the piston etc are looking good that something is open to the atmosphere. Given that on the second fill/bleed it turned guck after two months, without sediment, sounds big time like water from the air is contaminating quickly.

Internal rebuild time?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts