Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK how do I do all that? Would it be cheaper to find a good set of used calipers?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok so my front brake calipers are sticking. How do I fix this? I need as much info as possible.

·
Registered
645 Posts
If they're sticking, you'll want to probably do a rebuild on the seals for the pistons. Also if you do, check the walls of the cyls,and the pistons themselves and make sure they're not scored at all. Also bleed the brakes. Maybe try that first if you haven't done that.

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
real easy before you get any more calipers

take the calipers off,take the pads out,push brake lever slowly to bring the pistons out
then using very hot water (hot as you can handle)with a small amount of detergent(stuff you wash the dishes with)in it,use an old toothbrush to clean the pistons off - dry and replace the pads
dont forget to put smear copper grease on the rear of the pads

if your brake fluid looks brown /yellow i would bleed them to fill with fresh fluid - doesnt take a lot

all pads contact the rotor its normal to hear the shhh shhhh sound
hope this helps

·
Registered
172 Posts
Originally posted by GIXXERUK:
real easy before you get any more calipers

take the calipers off,take the pads out,push brake lever slowly to bring the pistons out
then using very hot water (hot as you can handle)with a small amount of detergent(stuff you wash the dishes with)in it,use an old toothbrush to clean the pistons off - dry and replace the pads
dont forget to put smear copper grease on the rear of the pads

if your brake fluid looks brown /yellow i would bleed them to fill with fresh fluid - doesnt take a lot

all pads contact the rotor its normal to hear the shhh shhhh sound
hope this helps
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Will the hot water warp the dust seal and o-ring in the calipers??

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
no mate i've used this method - and it worked a treat
bit of soapy water in a pot and get yer toothbrush out

[ 08-14-2002, 07:09 AM: Message edited by: GIXXERUK ]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts