Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I've recently aquired a pre-trashed 97 gsxr 600 and I've been fiddling with the wiring looms and hose routing. I'm happy with most of it, however I have two small problem cables.

When I first got the bike it would dump coolant from "places unknown" (turned out to be a hole in the overflow hose). The previous owner (twit) had routed a whole heap of cables and hoses incorrectly and the overflow hose had ended up resting on top of exhaust (near the headers, hence the hole).

So, I took the bike back to the shop I bought it from, they rerouted the cable across the top of the radiator and across the front of the anodised triagular left hand engine mount (I think thats what it is) under the alloy frame. I dont think this is right as the hose is partially exposed in the "hole" in the left lower fairing. I think the hose is supposed to straight back from the overflow connector on the radiator, along the right hand side of the engine, and across the back of the block (near the starter and across the transmission) to the overflow bottle. Is this right???

Also, the clutch cable is also routed down across the engine mount making it pull VERY tight when you turn the bars full lock right. So tight that it can actually move the left hand ram air duct under which it passes (when move to right full lock it pulls up across the frame and lifts the air duct). I have no idea where this cable should route or how messy it will be to move it (but I have a clymer, so it shouldnt be that hard) it just does not look right.

Also, after looking at Jon T's site and some of his pics http://www.jontflesh.com/jontfleshsite/picts/airboxside.jpg (sorry to hijack ya link JonTFlesh
) I can't see the cable/hoses in question so I think I'm right, but there is not enough detail to tell exactly

I'm trying to borrow a friends digital camera this weekend so I should have pics soon.

Thanks

[ 04-05-2002, 04:22 AM: Message edited by: waxling ]

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Ooooooo, i kinda know what hoses and cables you're on about ... GSXRFreak might be able to give u a Yes\No answer...

If u can post some digi pix, we all can have a look

If u cant get it happening, i can take pix of my bike tomorrow.

Or, if you're heading down to Sydney, u're welcome to have a look at my bike

KaTz

1 - 2 of 2 Posts