Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally buckled down and decided to quit borrowing and renting guns, and bought my own. On November 2nd, I purchased a Kimber Custom 2 TLE/RLII. Got a great price for it and all, but the waiting has been agonizing. I was initially told 4-6 weeks for the gun to get in. As of today, I've been told it will be another 6-8 weeks plus the 10-day DROS period following its arrival at the shop.

My naive question is whether dealers are allowed to start the paperwork with the serial number given the amount of time that I have already waited. Does anyone know how this works?

·
Anyone want to do a trackday or go camping?
39,561 Posts
And no when i bought my 1911 i bought it from gun broker. it took them about a week or 2 to send it out to my local FFL dealer. Once they received it they called me in and had me fill out the paperwork and teh waiting began :hammer Luckily the FFL i used is also a gun range so they let me shoot my gun there while on the waiting period I just couldn't take it home.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
that is a whole new discussion (the waiting period)
it used to be because of the background checks, but now they are instant, and the rest of the time was to 'reduce the murder rate' or some bs like that

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
I thought it was to decrease the murder rate but if someone is going to kill someone they will do it anyway, either with a different weapon or they will just wait.

And I thought living in NY was bad.

·
Constantly in trouble now
16,403 Posts
As I recall in KA, the FFL can't start the DROS until he has possession of the weapon. THEN you fill out the DROS, then the FFL does the NICS check and then the 10-day waiting period starts.

As I recall.

--Wag--

·
Who Knows...Ask Who
1,714 Posts
As I recall in KA, the FFL can't start the DROS until he has possession of the weapon.
--Wag--
Bingo. & then you have to go in and fill out the paper to start the DROS... Oh yeah, Kimber can be really slow as well. I waited over 4 months to get my Super Match :wait so be patient. $.02

·
Moose Knuckle Racing!
3,406 Posts
that is a whole new discussion (the waiting period)
it used to be because of the background checks, but now they are instant, and the rest of the time was to 'reduce the murder rate' or some bs like that
I could see that on your first gun purchase, but if you already have one, that is now pointless. I will just shot them with my other gun I own. :punk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts