Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

I bought lightly front crashed 2014 gsxr 750. It indicates code: _C93.

Battery seems ok, also speedometer. I think that the problem is with steering damper.

I tried to measure the steering stabilizer with multimeter. Voltage with ignition turned on is ok.
I tried to measure the solenoid resistance. Multi tester indicates value max 0,03 Ohm.
Is this value real ? Does it mean that the solenoid is faulty and steering damper should be replaced ?

What does the dash (_C93) before the code mean ?

If I should replace the steering damper I will think aboud the used OEM. Is the steering damper same for 600/750 and 1000 ?
I have read that many riders do not recommend the OEM KYB steering damper. I am not crazy rider, I do not ride on racing circuit.

Thank you for your help.

·
Administrator
15,367 Posts
I don't know the answer but I'd imagine a service manual would tell the testing procedures and what readings you're supposed to have.

Any you said battery "seems ok". How did you come to this conclusion?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess battery is ok. I measured 12,7 V.
Manual says that the resistance between two solenoid pins should be above 10 Ohm. It is not easy with my multitester to measure it. Display indicates me max. 0,03 Ohm. But I am not sure if I do it correctly.

Do you have an advice for the steering damper (stabilizer). I want to try replace it. Is it same for gsxr 1000 ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts