Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 GSXR and I have a F1 code and it’s a c49. I tried plugging the hose and the end of the box where the hose connects on the air box. Any other ideas? Trying to donut myself before taking it in to a shop

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
you're trying to do the pair removal mod? it has wires right? you most likely have to deal with them, maybe an inline resistor? the ECU is expecting a signal from the pair valve, whats it get when you remove the valve?

my guess is if you trouble shoot the pair valve the manual will give you the value the ECU is looking for? has to be someone who's done this, prolly be like 15 ohm 10 watt resistor something like that? solder it in and heat shrink wrap it a few layers, tuck it away where it wont get wet or melt?

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
8,902 Posts
Typically you have to either leave the solenoid connected to the harness or substitute a resistor for it or flash the ECM to turn it off. Don't know about 2011 but a 1000 ohm 1/4 watt resistor would work on a K5/K6. It was discussed here but some of the pics are gone. People like Boostbysmith sell them but I think mine may still be the smallest.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts