Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Every since I got my Alstare back from it being stolen:hammer, I have gotten a F.I. code popping up on the cluster. I checked it, and is is a c30(secondary throttle control unit,) with the dash on the top part of the c.

What does this mean, and what could fix it? I have a pretty good mechanic, that gives me parts at his price, but is it something simple to fix, or do I need to take it to him? I can work on the bike myself, I just don't know what is involved with this problem.

Also, what, if any, damage can it cause to ride it like it is?

Have to note also, that the ECU/M was stolen from the bike when I got it back. Replaced it, and it started right up. The bike rides fine, just won't get up into the upper RPM's most of the time. Usually stops around 11grand. Could the ECU/M be the problem? The bike had no problems before it was stolen, but now this has popped up. It still runs great, until you run the gear out. I am staying away from the corners right now, because I either have to be in to low of a gear, or to high of a gear.

I HATE THIEVES!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I just ran into this problem with my '04 600. Except I got the C28 code, and had to replace my actuator. That solved the problem for me. You should do a search on the C28 code. I don't see a C30 code in my manual. Anyway, the reason your bike doesn't go into the upper RPMs or go past a certain RPM is because of the secondary throttle valves...not the ECU. The butterflies could actually be stuck in a certain position, or the actuator is bad. If the actuator is bad, then you'd have to replace that. The bad news is that they are not sold by themselves. You would have to purchase the entire throttle body...very pricey. Something like $800. But you may get lucky finding them on eBay or used somewhere else...salvage yard or something. If the butterflies are stuck, then your mechanic can probably solve that one. Getting to them is really easy. You can check it yourself. Pull up the tank, and take off your air box, and that's it. You would be looking straight at them.

In my manual I see C28="Secondary throttle valve actuator" and C29="Secondary throttle position sensor". I do not see C30. Are you saying that you may have a bad TSP? Because that's something else, and where that bar comes into play.

Nero

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The error code is c30 which for the 03 is a Secondary Throttle Control Unit. It is an 03 600, not an 04.

I talked to my mechanic today, and he said that it might be possible that it is adjustable some how, or the sensor is like 70 bucks. Should I be looking at getting the sensor, or take it apart and see what is happening?

·
Registered
260 Posts
The Secondary throttle body is the top butterfly on each cylinder with the actuator on one end, and position sensor on the other (I think) . Check to see if they are connected or not, or if there is any damage to them. Other then that, you probably should have your mechanic take a look at it.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why is everyone saying throttle body??? The code isn't for a throttle body, but for a control unit. Manual for my bike(01-03 600), is showing it as something like the ECU/M, on the side of the bike.

Is there something I am missing here? The code pops up Secondary Throttle Control Unit, where does that have anything to do with a throttle body? I am not trying to say you are wrong, just curious as to why you are saying Throttle body, when there isn't anything about in my manual.

·
Registered
90 Posts
because it is a part of the throttle body... while you have your manual out look at the part diagram for the throttle body, and read there

-thomas

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the parts that connect to it though, have their own code though, like the c28/29. Am I missing something here?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem c30 stcu.
The strange thing is, i replaced it for a new 1, still c30 code, replaced the ecu/ecm still the c30 code. The stupid thing is. The stcu does get the right voltage between 4,85 and 5,10. But the old and the new ecu/ecm wont send a signal to the actuator to open or close de secondairy air valves. I dunno what else i can look at.

If possible i would like some help, mabye some ideas avout what else i could check.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Old post, 2008. Post question in correct sub forum 01-03 600.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts