Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have a 98 gixxer 750 with a RS-3 Yosh. full exhaust, K&N air filter, and a power Commander, within the past month I missed third gear once and red-lined it for a second. Ever since that has happened, on 4 separate occasions my FI light came on while I was accelerating in gears such as 3rd-6th but never lower. Right before the FI light comes on, the rpm's will just drop to zero, the bike jolts, then jump back up to current rpm's, and until I pull the clutch in and let out again it will keep doing it. Even after I let the clutch back out, it will ride ok, but will repeat if I try to accel. again. I finally got a chance to check the error message and it is c12, my only issue is that it doesn't happen everytime I go out, the temp. looks normal, and it idles fine, any suggestions or passed experiences with the same problem. Or might I just have to replace the camshaft position sensor. Please give me a hand guys. I can do a good amount of the work on my own, but is this getting deep into a problem, and should I take it to a shop? Once again, I appreciate any help I can get.

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
If it is just the cam sensor it is easy... You remove the air box and on the top of the valve cover lower left side (if you are sitting on the bike) there is a sensor with a wire pluged into it..there is two alan bolts holding it in, unbolt and replace..

John

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking into it deeper, what if it's the Crankshaft position censor, is that a pain in the ass? by the way, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
c00- no error
c11- CMP sensor
c12- CKP sensor
c13- IAP sensor
c14- TP sensor
c15- ECT sensor
c21- IAT sensor
c22- AP sensor
c23- TO sensor
c24- IG signal #1 and #4
c25- IG signal #2 and #3
c31- GP switch
c32- FI signal #1
c33- FI signal #2
c34- FI signal #3
c35- FI signal #4
c41- FP control system
c42- IG switch signal

·
Registered
691 Posts
If you don't have a shop manual yet,get one!!Cholocholo41 (I think that's his name) can hook you up!He's fast with getting them out too!!

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
The crank sensor is a bit harder, but still isnt that hard...

A impact gun helps a lot to do it..

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts