Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a C12 error code showing during dealer mode which is the Crankcase Position Sensor. Can someone walk me through this repair? I have the tools but I prefer to have some help. Do I need to drain the oil or take any other precautions before I get in to this? I have the shop manual.

Any help appreciated!!!!

Mike

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I removed the rear bodywork, and measured the resistance of the crankcase sensor per the shop manual. It was 166 ohms, and no shorts to ground. I cleaned the connector, put it back together and guess what, the bike fired right up. Chalk it up to a bad connection....

Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a C12 error code showing during dealer mode which is the Crankcase Position Sensor. Can someone walk me through this repair? I have the tools but I prefer to have some help. Do I need to drain the oil or take any other precautions before I get in to this? I have the shop manual.

Any help appreciated!!!!

Mike

Any help appreciated!!!!

Mike
I have the same F1 then C12 code on my GSXS 125. I am highly suspicious that it is caused by riding over very high voltage lines under the street. These same high voltage lines wreck havoc with my Bluetooth connections. When I reset and ride in rural areas there is no problem. So you may want to check that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a similar problem with my brand new 1973 Suzuki T500 and traced it to a faulty A-B ignition coil. This time my 2017 GSX-S 125 stalls when driving over a very well know high voltage cable. In rural areas I never get stalling nor the C12 code. I need a good answer to why I get a C12 code in the city but not in rural areas.

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
what is the C12 code?

all I can think of is find out whatever the high tension is disrupting then build a Faraday cage around it?

ECU? sensor? you can get copper tape for this or aluminum tape, maybe sammich some EMF fabric in between? or you can get "faraday fabric EMF shielding cloth" on Zon.. faraday bags?

typically everything is shielded so you may have a faulty part?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Crankcase Position Sensor error. This error causes the computer to immobilize the starter sequence. By turning th key off and on AND cycling the engine stop switch the motorcycle restarted but the error code remained until the system was checked and cleared. It then ran fine on rural roads shut off, an restarted fine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts