Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06 GSXR 750
Was getting C11 error code, had Camshaft Position Sensor replaced.
Still getting error code. Valves are in spec. New TPI sensor as well. Also has new Water Temp sensor. Before code pops up bike will have a idle drop from 1200 rpm to about as low as 900 rpm, after that happens it's going to pop the code. TPI sensor is in correct position. When the idle issue happens the bike has irregular throttle control and is unpredictable to operate as well as unsafe. Bike has about 14,000 miles on it (just under). All scheduled maintenance on this bike is performed when it should, but cannot figure out what the hell is going on, please help lol.

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,826 Posts
If you're getting C11 still, you might have a loose connection at the sensor or the ECM. Also, if the original failure was caused by shavings on the cam pin, you might want to check and see if the new one is dirty. Lastly, the manual states that the code must be cleared using the SDS tool after correcting the issue. Was that done?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you're getting C11 still, you might have a loose connection at the sensor or the ECM. Also, if the original failure was caused by shavings on the cam pin, you might want to check and see if the new one is dirty. Lastly, the manual states that the code must be cleared using the SDS tool after correcting the issue. Was that done?
When I had it in the shop to replace the sensor I am going to assume that the shop used the SDS tool, I don't have that myself so I did not do it. I will double check the connection at the sensor and make sure it's seated properly as well as clean. Hoping this doesn't end up being the ECU. Thank you!

·
13,826 Posts
Well, when you picked it up from the shop, did it still have a warning, or did it come back after 2, 5, or 50 miles???

·
13,826 Posts
Let's be clear on what we're saying. "popped the code" but it's not flashing "FI" is contradictory. Fault light (indicator) comes on with the high temp icon is what you have in the picture. Codes are only displayed with faults in the engine managment (EFI and ignition). So you're saying you picked up the bike and everything was fine, then 20 miles down the road the light came on and the temp icon returned.

On a cold engine, is the light on with the temp icon immediately or does it have to warm up a little first?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m sorry. It shows FI light then when I use the switch to show the code it shows c11. Happens after about 20 mins of riding.

·
13,826 Posts
I'm getting my threads confused, sorry. So start the bike and everything is good, then about 20 minutes into a ride, C11 comes up? Did they actually replace the sensor with a new one, or a salvaged sensor? After the code comes on, if you shut down and restart does it come back really fast?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Replaced with a new one, checked the part number from the sales order and it’s an OEM sensor. Yes, bike starts perfect then about 20 mins in it’ll idle rough like described and after that starts happening...FI shows, then use switch, shows C11 error code.

·
13,826 Posts
Sounds like heat may be a factor. If I were working on this bike, I'd be taking a good hard look into the connector for the sensor.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok will do! There was a hot day where as soon as I started the bike that issue showed itself right away. So that’s interesting. At the beginning of next week when I can work on the bike I will fully inspect the sensor and the connector for it. No other code has showed itself so hopefully that might be it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So the sensor itself look new. I don’t see any “damage” to the connector or the harness itself. Something more I should be looking for?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts