Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a 2006 gsxr 600 about 3 to 4 weeks ago put about 500 miles on it and after about a 3 hour ride I got an f1 code so I looked up how to read it got the code to show it popped up with a c00 so I found out how to adjust the tps sensor I adjusted it got the tick mark in the middle tightened the adjustment and it stayed in the middle so I pulled the wire I had connected to clear the code let the bike idle for a bit turned it off and turned it back on and the c00 code is still there but the tick mark is in the middle still and if I turn the bike on with out the engine running and then brigde the 2 wires to check codes it shows a c46 code with the tick mark in the middle how ever Iam pretty sure that it is because Im pulling codes wrong at that point please help iam a noob

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
Although technically you are doing it wrong, a C46 would come up during the the initial startup sequence. If you want to be sure, do not turn off the engine before putting it in dealer mode as turning off the engine clears the code.

FI (Fault Indicator) and not F1

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So should I turn the key on with the kill switch engaged then turn the kill switch off in order to pull the code

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,930 Posts
The C46 code is one of those codes that can intermittently trigger an FI light without the actuator actually being completely dead. It may be caused by poor adjustment of the cables, or the actuator failing to respond for a moment. I know mine gave me an FI light, I pulled it as a C46 and it never did it again.
As far as your TPS, I hope you adjusted it with the engine running, otherwise you did not do it correctly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Iam good I adjusted the tps sensor properly and took a look at the set exhaust valve actuator it was very weak and clicking very loud so I looked up how to delete it and took it out bike is running great again no lights or codes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts