Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some advice on my Gsxr600. there is Buzzing noise when my RPM Hits 6000 and completely gone before and after 6000, if RPM is steady at 6k the buzzing sound is also steady. This buzzing sound only happens when bike is Moving, mostly under 1st, 2nd, 3rd,gear No buzzing sound when bike is parked and throttled to 6k. Need help any of you there experienced this problem?

Note Bike has 5k on odo and doesn't do the buzzing sound when i first got the bike pls help any advice is appreciated thank you

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,127 Posts
Take a ride, get to speed where the buzzing starts and then try putting your hand on the windscreen or front fairing to see if that stops it. It's often the windscreen. If it is, you can put small O-rings between the fairing and screen. Or you can do it the ghetto way and squeeze some folded duct tape in between (out of sight, of course)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Already did that! run the bike at 6krpm and carefully Touched the fairings, windscreen, even the seat cowl but all are good! Just cant figure where the sound is coming from

·
Registered
40 Posts
Try tightening up all your fairing bolts and your exhaust bolts. The user manual also asks that you tighten up chassis bolts every 6000kms

·
Registered
721 Posts
Some folks have mentioned noise from the rear passenger pegs, pin them back with a re usable tie wrap or such

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for the advice will do another check on bike. but do you think it could be the servo motor making The buzzing sound? set valve opens at 6krpm right? Just need opinion before i start touching servo

·
Registered
14 Posts
OPEX, my bike makes this noise as well. However, it has done it from the day I rode it off the lot. I think you may be right about the servo...makes sense.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Had same problem only buzzing at exactly 6000 rpm. Started with windscreen that was not it then i checked the piece above the radiator that was not it. I thought it might be the steering dampener because I thought the sound was coming from that area of the bike. but after all this failed I just happened to grab the no cut frame slider and that was it took it off and put a piece of rubber between it and the frame. Problem solved finally.

·
big floppy donkey dick
2,972 Posts
On my bike it was the passenger pegs. When they are in the up position they are loose and they buzz between 5700 and 6100 RPM.

·
Banned
142 Posts
mine Did The Same Thing And It Was The Race Railz. But Then It Stopped On Its Own

·
Registered
2 Posts
My problem was the frame sliders... loosened them up placed thin rubber behind and retightened an noise is gone 🙏

1 - 20 of 20 Posts