Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem here I cannot decide what to go with its either between a GSXR-600 or a GSXR-1000. I have the MSF course under my belt and a license.

The 600 is a 2004 with just under 5,000 miles. It is in pristine condition comes with a Shoei helmet, Joe Rocket jacket, team Suzuki gloves, a carbon fiber Yoshimura tri-oval slip on, new high performance sprocket, undertail kit, mirrored windshield,a speed bag, carbon fiber dress up kit and I think thats all. All black with silver suzuki letters. The guy is selling for 7,300$ trying to get him to budge.

The 1000 is a 2002 with also just under 5,000 miles. All stock no upgrades. Never dropped, clean real good condition as well. The guy will not move from 5,800$

Which would you take? I have been riding a 2001 CBR600 F4i for the last couple of summers just want to get something new. Really like both bikes just cannot decide between which. Also will the 600 outperform my CBR? How will the 04' 600 compare to the 02' 1000? Thanks in advance great site.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
First of all, welcome to GDC

now here is the real deal. Since you got the msf and your card, what is the rush in getting a sports bike? I mean, i'm sure you really want it because it looks cool and it makes the girlies want you more (not really) but why not start off slow and move your way up?

i'll leave the other replies to the others.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just want a new bike. I am bored of the honda just need something new thanks for the welcome. Any other suggestions?

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
Welcome to the site.
I think MG6 missed the fact you have a couple years on a CBR
Tough decision you've got. I can see where you have a dilemma. Considered tossing a coin?
If you're bored with your existing bike, maybe you should go for the all stocker 1K. It'll give you something to do with future upgrades. The 600 has all the toys already, and you'll be bored and shopping in another two years. I wouldn't let the gear sway you. Does it even fit? I don't like 2nd owner helmets. It's too personal to share.

I don't think the 600's going to run ya that much more power than what you already have, although it's an awesome handling bike, and will out perform the CBR on that fact alone. You might also get tired of the power quick. The 1000, a truly insane bike, should keep you satisfied for a long while. Most people never find the limits of that one. Plus you can upgrade it exactly how you want it. Upgrade as boredom sets in.

But give the coin a toss. I find that no matter what side the coin ends up, in your gut, you'll be wanting it to land a certain a way. That's your answer.

A third option if you're truly undecided is to wait and find a 750. They're almost a really well rounded bike. Handling like a 600 with the power near the 1000. Good luck with what you decide.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I found out today that the 1000 is gone so the 600 is the only one left. I loved the 600 since the first time I saw it, its not like other bikes either and well I think im going to have to go with that one thanks Robben for the advice I think I can handle a 600 for a couple of more years might just keep me out of trouble. Talked the guy down to 7000$ even so its an even better deal(Will post pics as soon as I get it home). Thanks Again!!

·
Registered
3,340 Posts

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
bawwaahhaha, sorry for the mis-read on your post. Congrat on your bike and welcome again.

*talking to self, doh... next time re-read and sleep before 12*

1 - 11 of 11 Posts