Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok.. i am thinking about changing my exuast. and i have been searching for info on it.

what i want to do is move the can up under the oilpan, and inside the fairing. kinda like what buell did on there new bikes.

what i can't figure out is what will this to to my performance. On a two stroke exuast i know that the expantion chambers shape, size, and length is very inportand. Does this apply to 4 stroke engines as well?

Everybody knows different exuasts will change things, but i can't find any info on how or why.

any help would be aprichiated.

weas

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Here's a URL for a page full of links... some of them may be broken, it's been a while since I looked at it. Also, some of it is targeted specifically at H-D ...there's some good generic theory as well as practical app info out there though.

What I'm wondering about is how you're going to keep any ground clearance at all...

[ 07-05-2002, 05:50 AM: Message edited by: FastCat ]

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the reply fastcat.... that link was very.. not there.

the ground clearance should not change much... i am replaceing the 2" pipe with a can that is not much bigger...
I could be wrong, i have not tried it yet, just thinking about it.

weas

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Originally posted by Da Weas:
thanks for the reply fastcat.... that link was very.. not there.

the ground clearance should not change much... i am replaceing the 2" pipe with a can that is not much bigger...
I could be wrong, i have not tried it yet, just thinking about it.

weas
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">D'OH!

try this:

http://www.cycleexhaust.com/motorcycles/exhaust_pipes.htm

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I reckon that you will lose ground clearance whatever.

Surely the can will be very small <2" otherwise !

I don't know why you are interested in this, surely there is no where to run something like that anyway !

You've lost me completly on this one

Andy

·
Registered
2,491 Posts

whats the point of wanting a buell like exhaust set up????
-Karl

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the point?

you lost me there.... am i supposed to have a point? I thought all i needed was time and money.

that is something to consider though. I am starting to ask myself why i want to do it. and the only reason i can think of is that it would look cool.
Mabye i will just buy a cool undertail, or a CF pipe instead. Probaly be money better spent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts