340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wtf, that bike is a mut....lol all kind of parts
I detect a haterade splash!

Anyways the bike has an 02 frame 04 fairings O2 busa motor

A muzzy sidewinder exhaust an adams 14 inch over swing arm
and a host of other custom fabricated additions to make it
lighter and faster!

This bike is only used for drag track racing and grudge racing!

Dont hate respect all the work put into the project!

Call it a mut if you like but its the fastest mut you`ll see!

weak imagination forms your opinion but it is your opinion!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Well I am going to say GOOD JOB :cheers. I am sure you put in alot of hard work into building this bike for it's "specific" Need. May not be everyone's style but I think you did a good job. :punk

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
damn thats pretty fuckin sweet

Thank you sir a lot of work went into it and those custom steel motor mounts cost 60$ to have fabricated.

The fan and radiator are located in the tail section and i run no oil cooler (Lightens the bike up) i now use the busa hydraulic clutch set up, wiring harness and clutch lever! along with a mps airshifter and mps nitrous
spray bar with progressive system (100 shot)

so far so good!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the custom fabs are things ive done with the frame and electronics eliminate the items i dont need to use on the bike like the rear brake and slave cylinder assembly
and rotor i have made a custom spacer for the rear axel to be mounted w/o the break and rotor in place! the wheel now spins like it has ceramic bearings due to no drag from the caliper!

I did not have to cut the frame at all and the motor is very stable while in operation
the bike wheelied at 14 over and everything remained in tact i also have the radiator fan
engage when the key is turned on because i`m using a miniature radiator!

again making the bike much lighter! the exaust in the photos was mounted only for testing i will take the bike to be dyno`d friday. after i install my pc III

The motor is no longer stock!

·
Registered
49 Posts
you should turbo it...just for fun haha
nice bike

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What does it run?

Bryan previously my 60 foot times were 163s 167s and after testing in south carolina at dorchester raceway they improved 1.53 first pass 1.43 2nd pass
1.41 3rd pass 0.44 RT on the 3rd pass! foot shifting!

so i`d say i should have high 8.80s on motor 840s 50s on spray!

No turbo man are ya kiddin me lol!! thanks for your comments fellas it was a lot of work and took 3mths but if i had to do it again i could do it in about

a week!

·
Registered
353 Posts
I detect a haterade splash!

Anyways the bike has an 02 frame 04 fairings O2 busa motor

A muzzy sidewinder exhaust an adams 14 inch over swing arm
and a host of other custom fabricated additions to make it
lighter and faster!

This bike is only used for drag track racing and grudge racing!

Dont hate respect all the work put into the project!

Call it a mut if you like but its the fastest mut you`ll see!

weak imagination forms your opinion but it is your opinion!

my bad didnt mean to come off like a dick. No its damn good work just never seen anything like it. Whats it run if you dont mind........again great work im not hating i like where this project is goin..... now boost that biatch!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
When you first posted about how easy it was for you to put a Busa motor in a GSXR frame, I was really wondering how you did it. Everyone else said it was so much work.... and yet you said it was easy

Something just didn't add up

But now I get the difference - you're just not putting the Busa motor in the same place, relatively, as the GSXR motor. You're hanging the busa motor UNDER the frame rather than having the head go inbetween the frame rails

I'll give you an E for Effort, and Engenuity (haha).... nice idea. Not super practical, but obviously it works for your application. Having the weight forward like that might even be more beneficial on a drag bike b/c of weight distribution

This way does create some limitations that the other methods didn't though.... such as having to remount the radiator, big loss in front wheel clearance (at least from what I can see)

And, there is NO WAY this is a sleeper anymore... !! That engine is so radically moved in the frame someone would have to really be an idiot not to notice !

So anyways. Not trying to be completely negative, I like the creativity and it certainly works for your application. But it certainly has to be said...... this isn't the end all, be all, easy solution for everyone....

1 - 20 of 74 Posts