Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yea yea i know it sounds like a
question but i got a hold of a busa motor for 400. complete and was gonna sell it for a quick buck BUT was wondering if anyone has put on in a oil cooler frame. i was looking at the 2 bikes side by side and it can be done with some time and a machinest on hand. im sure its been done but figured i would ask 1st and see. and yes the motor is clean

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
ive really been looking into that, i think its possible but youd have to use carbs i think instead of injection. let me know if you dont want to continue becaus e im really serious about doing it. later ej

·
Registered
187 Posts
Depends what you're after - top speed or manic power? Part of the 'Busas success at top speed is it's aerodynamic design.

Sounds like too much hassle to me

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
the BIG problem is the cylinder spacing due to the right side cam chain drive, i have been working on fitting a BUSA in my GS drag chassis (gsxr/gs have same cylinder spacing) and teh biggest problem is the cylinders end up lining up with the frame down tubes, the down tubes need to be cut and bent around the cylinders than your in business, no easy job.......

·
Premium Member
4,121 Posts
ive really been looking into that, i think its possible but youd have to use carbs i think instead of injection. let me know if you dont want to continue becaus e im really serious about doing it. later ej

you can convert an oiler gas tank into an FI tank, simple really, you just need the pressure regulator return line, then you can use an external pump or an internal pump, OR, you can use a Busa pump and mod the tank to make it fit, depends on how far you wanna go.. the first Busa's had an external pump so there ya go.. a regulator return nipple and its on..

for the clocks you can go with the Busa clocks or 3rd party, take a lot of work to convert the stock oiler clocks but it is doable, gut housing and use 3rd party internals or make your own? everything is available to do it however you want..

radiator and oil cooler is the only critical area you might get cramped on? but you can use other radiators and so forth, location whatever, make it work

when Cedric put the Busa motor in the 2001 750 I rode that one and almost bought it, however it had slight puking issues at idle more than 60 seconds... the Busa is made to have a certain amount of flow at a stop with fan on, why the panels are sealed so the air is forced to flow through the radiator, 750 isn't like that, very open chassis and body work so at a stop with any bike other than a Hayabusa you will need to consider at idle cooling, perhaps a dual fan set up with muzzy blades will do it? maybe a remote fan switch as to not let it get to temp in the first place? you could switch the fans into the neutral switch so when in neutral fans kick on, just get into the habit of grabbing neutral at stops you're golden..

on that note, dood on here who shoe horned one into an SRAD modded up a Busa engine into a 5 cylinder, it sounds so WICKED, ts on utoob

I vote;

DO IT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts