Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was just wondering if a busa engine will fit on a 1000 frame if so what all do u have to do to make it work ( man that could be a hell of a sleeper bike)

·
Can Never Be Another GDC
1,701 Posts
Gsx-R king said:
Who cares about 600 frame in this post! If you don't know don't reply to the Q! :nono
Well sorry for offending YOU as I was not rambling on about using a 600 instead. Next time I won't bother, and I'll save myself the trouble.

·
Registered
147 Posts
600, 750, and 1000 frames are pretty much all the same except for motor mount locations. The busa motor will fit in the frame but with drastic modifications. So drastic that you would not be able to hide it. Lee Shierts put a busa motor in one just to prove it could be done, but the frame was all chopped up in order to make it fit...but it fit.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I put, a 1000 in my SRAD, anything is possible, I was considering a busa motor before the 1000 motor came up, I should imagine just as I made the mounts for the 1k, it would be the same for the 1300, though it does have a longer stroke and its wider, accross the head, and the 1000 motor, I really had to shoe horn in the frame.
the bottom line is anything is possible, but having the tools to do the job helps,

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Busa 99-06 175hp engine and tranny are 74lbs more than a 05-07 185hp 1k cc powertrain and 62lbs more than 01-04 164hp 1k cc powertrain.. You would be far better off getting a liter power-plant....Also>>
Fuc a Busa!!.. They're 99.9% hype.. Any 1000(except a pre 04 R1)will tear a Busa a new one up to 180mph... Which is the only area the Busa leads the pack is the sub to 200mph+ zone because of it's body shape and very low CD. Other than the 200mph+ zone which you're only gonna see on the salt flats or Texas mile where the Busa is boss, it gets owned by any liter bike. I've killed so many Busa's on my GSXR 1000's if I had a $5 spot every time I wouldn't be typing this, my butler would.
My 06' K6 makes [email protected] vs. a 99-07' Busa making [email protected] or the 08'+ Busa making [email protected] .... Which you can ad 10%+ to all models seeing the factory claimed weight is BS....The real dry weights via CycleWorld are 412lbs, 534lbs and 567lbs..
The Busa is more myth than fact..... Unless you're going to build up the engine for turbo or big bore application.
Yes you can dump $20,000+ into a busa turbo engine build and make 700+hp but, is that really useable?..
Anyways.. Blah, blah, blah you're best bet is to get a GSXR 1000 power plant,,,

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Busa 99-06 175hp engine and tranny are 74lbs more than a 05-07 185hp 1k cc powertrain and 62lbs more than 01-04 164hp 1k cc powertrain.. You would be far better off getting a liter power-plant....Also>>
Fuc a Busa!!.. They're 99.9% hype.. Any 1000(except a pre 04 R1)will tear a Busa a new one up to 180mph... Which is the only area the Busa leads the pack is the sub to 200mph+ zone because of it's body shape and very low CD. Other than the 200mph+ zone which you're only gonna see on the salt flats or Texas mile where the Busa is boss, it gets owned by any liter bike. I've killed so many Busa's on my GSXR 1000's if I had a $5 spot every time I wouldn't be typing this, my butler would.
My 06' K6 makes [email protected] vs. a 99-07' Busa making [email protected] or the 08'+ Busa making [email protected] .... Which you can ad 10%+ to all models seeing the factory claimed weight is BS....The real dry weights via CycleWorld are 412lbs, 534lbs and 567lbs..
The Busa is more myth than fact..... Unless you're going to build up the engine for turbo or big bore application.
Yes you can dump $20,000+ into a busa turbo engine build and make 700+hp but, is that really useable?..
:wtf

are you for real? Your comparing apples to oranges. There is alot more you can do to a busa than a 1000. And i haven't seen too many 1000's that can hang with a busa up to 180. Not really sure who you are racing. Stock for stock same weighted riders and that busa will leave that 1000 like nobodies business.

·
Registered
208 Posts
yeah straight line performance its busa all the way... you can apply a lot more throttle off the line without the front lifting on a busa, Ive raced against lots of 1k's that dont keep up in a straight line.

·
Registered
2 Posts
it will be pretty good , and the power it mights be more than the stock ( factory ) engine , but it's not worth it , cuz i guess it's going to cost you allot , and in that cost you could modifie your stock engine and it will be like hell , pistons , cams , and small turbo kit , and u'll fly !

Thanks

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Same weighted riders if they both weigh 350lbs. :)
stock for stock a 05 and newer gsxr 1000 owns a busa in the 1/4. We can argue about that another day though. :hammer

For high hp turbo applications and big motors their is more/better stuff available for the busa.
It is posible, but is alot of work. I belive macintosh machine and lees performance charge around $4,000 to modify a 1000 frame to work with a busa motor.
The head is too wide for the frame requireing you to cut out the inside of the frame and weld plates in to brace it. Mounts need to be welded to the frame to get the head to bolt up. The back motor mounts do not line up so they will need to be cut off and new mounts need to be made. the busa engine is too long and where the clutch cover goes the frame needs to be ground down alot. The busa sprocket cover needs to be modified to work in the 1000 frame because it is too big.
I have thought about doing it because I was having problems keeping my 1000 engines together with alot of boost. (over 20 psi) Now I think I got it down pretty good and my engines are lasting now so I will be sticking with 1000 engines.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Ok I will not be held accountable for how much BS is in what im about to say, because its a repeat, and i dont know how much truth there is to it. It may be something to check around for though. I was talking to a guy that was riding a sick looking 06 1k when i asked him what all was done to it he said mostly performance and motor mods, such as bored to 1297cc(dont even know if its possible, you can check to see if it is) cams pistons and some other stuff. he claimed that it was still the original 1k block just bored....i dont know if you can bore one out that much, but overall if there is any truth it would deffinately be an interesting build. The bike looked like a regular 1k with some nice little additions. Maybe some of the experts on this site can tell you if this is possible or not.

·
Registered
229 Posts
185 horse 600? turbo?

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Ok I will not be held accountable for how much BS is in what im about to say, because its a repeat, and i dont know how much truth there is to it. It may be something to check around for though. I was talking to a guy that was riding a sick looking 06 1k when i asked him what all was done to it he said mostly performance and motor mods, such as bored to 1297cc(dont even know if its possible, you can check to see if it is) cams pistons and some other stuff. he claimed that it was still the original 1k block just bored....i dont know if you can bore one out that much, but overall if there is any truth it would deffinately be an interesting build. The bike looked like a regular 1k with some nice little additions. Maybe some of the experts on this site can tell you if this is possible or not.

1242ccs biggest i've seen. Bored 5mil over and stroked 6 mil. But I do believe that there is a 6x6, but not stock cylinders, but not 100% on that. I know the 5x6 is stock cylinders.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts