Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it happened to me yesterday. A f#cking bus pushed me into a guardrail and now I'm sitting here with 60 stitches in my left arm a few small lacerations and a lot of bruises
. The back side of the guardrail is one sharp mother. It cut through my leather jacket and seriously got into my arm
. No major muscle or tendon damage though. It sucks pretty bad.
My bike is banged up pretty good too
. Mostly cosmetic, the damn frame slider broke off and who knows where that went. Some other stuff like the bracket that holds the front housing is toast and the rear brake lever. This sucks.

Here's my problem: The bike won't start. It will turn on and go through the setup but when I hit the starter, nothing happens. Is there a switch or something that has to be reset?Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Do the K4's have a tip switch? I know the old GSX-R's had that tip over switch thingy.....

·
Registered
398 Posts
Ouch!! Glad to hear your still alive dude! Sounds like you got a pretty serius flesh wound. Dont worry bout your bike, these things are bomb-proof, whatever the problem is, im sure youll have it crankin in no time. Frame sliders dont really do shit if your bike falls when its moving, I think they mainly help out for slow-speed tip overs and driveway accidents.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Check and see if the kill switch is in the ON position, if so, switch it back and it should start right up if nothing else got damaged to prevent start-up.

·
Registered
99 Posts
yep they have a tip switch cos mine switched off when i stacked mine lol

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sorry to hear about your injury. I'm glad it wasn't more serious. I hope you recover quickly. Just be careful when you get back on...

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. I figured it out
. The left clip-on took a shot from the guardrail also, not too bad but it was enough to stuff the pass switch into the housing a little. I popped that out and then I got the clutch switch
(?) I don't know what it's called, but it reads whether the clutch is disengaged or not, anyway I got it to pop back out and she started up and idled just fine.
So, I need to replace the front fairing support bracket (it broke completely in two at the frame connect point)
and the rear brake lever then I'm ridable, except for my need to heal of course
and I've got to replace my very expensive
arai helmet and gloves. Thanks again guys. This site rocks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts