Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
Burress going to prison

Burress pleads guilty in weapons case, accepts 2-year prison sentence

Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Former New York Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress pleaded guilty to a weapons charge and agreed to a two-year prison term for accidentally shooting himself at a Manhattan nightclub.
Burress pleaded guilty Thursday morning to one count of attempted criminal possession of a weapon, a lesser charge than he initially faced. Under a plea agreement, he agreed to a two-year prison sentence and two years of supervised release.
Burress was indicted earlier this month on two counts of criminal possession of a weapon and one count of reckless endangerment. He faced a minimum sentence of 3 1/2 years if convicted at a trial.
Burress' sentencing is set for Sept. 22.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Re: Burress going to prison

wtf was he doing with a gun,i wikipedia'd him there and it seems like he was in trouble a few times,fucking retard.

·
Registered
8,165 Posts

I guess after seeing Vick could get signed after doing jail time he agreed to take the plea bargain and do his time:dunno

Personally, I think this is BS.... Why you may ask? This is why I think it is BS, after reading how (and dont qoute my actual numbers because I dont remember them) but out of 1000 estimated SAME EXACT charges that Burress faced only about 100 of them were actually convicted:wtf, yet they pushed this hard for Burress to go to jail, why?, Because they wanted to make an example out of him and yes rightfully so.

BUT, how many of those other 900 that were facing those charges at least had a storyline reason as to why they had a gun vs Burress whos teammate was robbed at gun point just a few days or wks prior. What the hell kinda defense did they have to get the charges dropped and not go to jail:scratch

I do agree however, that 1, his arse or any of the rest of the players shouldnt be out showcasing their money and 2, putting themselves in those positions to begin with.

·
Rectum Rupticus
9,918 Posts

·
I have NO balls....
963 Posts
Plax is a moron!! He screwed up the chances for the GMEN to repeat as champs (with a healthy Jacobs, and Plax as the deep threat we were looking damn good to go to atleast the NCF Championship game) and didnt take the initial guilty plea.

If he plead guilty in the initial offering he would have served 3 months.

Now its bu-bye NFL, 2 years prison, then 2 years of post release supervision :banghead

What an idiot!!

·
Super Moderator
14,962 Posts
It's too bad....he won't even get Gangsta points for that. You gotta shoot someone else for that. Poor Plax. :dissapointed

·
Premium Member
5,169 Posts

He better do all his time. None of this good behavior released in 3 months, probation for 2 years shit.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
We have a section for football related topics. Gracias!

Oh, and he gives a bad name to professional athletes and gun owners everywhere.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts