Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I attempted to replace my original clutch on my bike with a direct oem replacement for my 06 750. Upon doing it I observed that the kit came with 2 steel plates of a different thickness from the rest.(used those 2 different ones last) I started with the flat metal washer and then the wave/spring washer, which honestly confused me on what the order was supposed to go in and the direction of the washers slope. I followed an online diagram photo which was said to be for my exact bike and watched a couple of YouTube videos over and over to make sure I did it correctly. Rode fine later on, for first test ride then started to slip very bad. Did an adjustment both at the lifter pins and lever, nothing changed.(did this many times with the lock nut and Allen head set-up) Took the whole clutch apart.. the steel plates were blue and purple like you wouldn’t believe(overheated) My question is what do you think went wrong? The only thing I could think of was those washers I mentioned were wrong order/direction, I never replaced the clutch cable which was probably stretched, didn’t torque the spring bolts to 7 pounds, the last steel plates weren’t supposed to be a different thickness from the rest. Please help me out thanks.

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,529 Posts
Yeah, you might have fucked it. As far as the washers go, the flat goes in first and the wave second. I am attaching a pic of the order of plates. On top of all this, I would like to ask: what oil did you use?

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, you might have fucked it. As far as the washers go, the flat goes in first and the wave second. I am attaching a pic of the order of plates. On top of all this, I would like to ask: what oil did you use?

I use Castrol 4 cycle motorcycle oil and and oem oil filter. Thanks for the diagram, but doesn’t seem to make sense, is that off the service manual? The oem kit I got (06,07 600/750) has 2 steel plates different from the rest in thickness I believe and only one different friction plate? (The first one) I also didn’t adjust the lever for slack at all, someone told me that is bad to do. Thoughts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I actually just replaced my clutch 2 weeks ago on an 06 600. The metal plates are all the same. There are 3 different friction plates though. The one with the biggest opening goes in first. Then you have 6 friction plates that are the same that go on alternating from steal plate to friction. The last friction plate you have is thicker then the other 6 and a slightly different color. It doesn't go on the same way as the other plates. It goes off one more so it's not pushing the others down. Here's the youtube video that explains it better:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZGHByGB_U0w&t=585s

Check that out as he explains everything very well. Hope that helps you! If you have any questions I will try my best to help you out!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts