Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone tell me how to do burn outs? i need a new rear tire so i was just gonna try doing a burnout on the tire i have now. thanx

·
Registered
297 Posts
u're stopped.
front brake's on tight.
u're standing, so the weight's not on the seat.
rev it up to 6-ish.
remember to keep the front brake on.
lean on the bars a bit.
drop the clutch.
u're doing a burn out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do u have to stand so that there's no weight on the seat? cause i'm short n i'm on my toes when i'm stopped at a light.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
pretty simple...just be sure to keep good balance as your bikes going to want to move around a bike when that tire starts spinning. and be sure that front brake is locked TIGHT!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Originally posted by Pimpin My Gixxer:
pretty simple...just be sure to keep good balance as your bikes going to want to move around a bike when that tire starts spinning. and be sure that front brake is locked TIGHT!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Make sure you use a Kung Fu grip on your front brake. Otherwise your baby will be inching forward and you may lose control and she'll be on her side.

Outlaw

·
Registered
582 Posts
This is what i did my first time and it was a bad ass burnout..read advice from another post here

stand up... so your straddling with bike in between legs.
now put it in first with clutch pulled in all the way...
now grab the front brake hard and hold it...
then rev it up to 9k....
then slowly let out the clutch while keeping the revs at 9k...
the revs will drop as you let out the clutch just give it more twist...then once it starts to slide..
let it bounce off the inside of your legs and walla your doing a burnout.

then when you feel done just pull in the clutch and let off the throttle until its stopped then let of front brake and ride away.

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
yeah grab the front brake like ya got a pair

make sure to drop the clutch, dont let it out slow

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
oh and one more thing.......... burn out too much , and youll be a-pusin her to the dealer/house/etc.
be careful and dont let anyone stand in front (or directly bhind) you for obvious reasons!!!

·
Registered
514 Posts
just started doing them yesterday... this is how i do them. i put my feet down, squeeze the brakes hard, rev it up a bit and let off the clutch a bit, this will make the front wheel bite down, then you let off the rest of the clutch gently. real easy but intimidating at first. i tried a rolling one and scared the crap outta me when the front wheel just slid out all of the sudden.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Step 1. Drive bike up to an immovable object.

Step 2. Try to ride through immovable object.

Step 3. If bike doesn't stall it will be doing a burnout.

Step 4. Enjoy the kudos from your friends as you perform this simple yet impressive trick.

Step 5. Replace tyre.

Step 6. Repeat until bank balance = 0.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts