Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride with shorts and flip flops and I always burn my ankle on that damned shiny pipe thing on the side, It's really hot. How can I fix this without having to wear boots and pants? I mean I still want to look cool, just not get burned.

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
Wrap some paper towels around the metal thing. The paper towels will keep the heat away from you.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Those hot metal things are real easy to remove. Just take it off and no more burnt leg.

·
Premium Member
4,038 Posts
Originally posted by DragonBoy:
Just route your exhaust into your intake as mentioned in another post. You get to recycle the lost 20 hp and this will also make your bike run way way cooler, at least 50 degrees and thus no more burns on the hot shiny thing.
On a side note, chicks dig first degree burns on a biker so you might just as well add another pipe on the otherside to scar up the other leg.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">hell yeah man, that's why I got a V-twin! now I can scorch my legs on both sides.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I'd just take that whole damn header/exhaust thingy off. It's nothin' but a bunch of extra damn weight anyway. Plus, who wants to melt an expensive set of sandles.

Imagine how much faster you can go with the less weight and the air flow restrictions gone.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I'm thinking that if it burns you enough times, it'll eventually cook and no more worries.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Just route your exhaust into your intake as mentioned in another post. You get to recycle the lost 20 hp and this will also make your bike run way way cooler, at least 50 degrees and thus no more burns on the hot shiny thing.
On a side note, chicks dig first degree burns on a biker so you might just as well add another pipe on the otherside to scar up the other leg.

·
Registered
264 Posts
You might want to just make a helmet holder bracket there, and hang your helmet there to protect your leg. That's why you pay $100's for a helmet, to protect your leg.

btw, those shorts are kevlar reinforced right? Also, a great idea is to take a metal thimble and put it on your pinky toes so when you get real low and are scraping pegs, you protect those toes.

[ 09-12-2002, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: AJ-600M ]

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
personally i prefer using asbestos wrap around the pipe, that will insulate against the heat.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Guys, Guys, Guys, You have this all wrong.. All you need to do is saw ur foot off just below the shin.. and get an artificial leg.. No feeling no pain.. As easy as that..

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I too had the same problem.

I just moved my foot pegs up to the front forks.
No heat up there.

The only trick is getting used to reaching down to shift by hand.

But as previously stated I have the auto model.

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
I had a pillion once who dropped both legs down the side on each pipe of a GPX250, burn baby burn disco inferno.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Don't know about burning legs, but I do know a potato wrapped in foil and placed on that hot pipe will be done in about an hour. I welded a plate across my header so I can grill steaks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I say take the exaust off and runt he bike without them you dont need no exausht shit you bike will gain about 40-50 HP from less weight

1 - 16 of 16 Posts