Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built this one and it is by far the best thing for working on your bike:

http://www.bbcracing.com/old/box/

After I built it, I decided it was a bit to tall so I took off about 3 or 4in from the legs/sides and now its PERFECT!!

I also painted the top with that 2 part garage floor epoxy and now cleaning up oil/anti-freeze is a snap.

I use a arched ramp to get it up there and after some practice, I have no problem getting it on the stand and up onto my rear stand by myself.

You're welcome!!!:cheers

BTW, when you're not using it, it can be quickly taken apart and stacked neatly up against a wall.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
:cheers

Thanks for the link! I have a bunch of spare 3/4", so I'm gonna make one this weekend. Also now have a place to put all these stickers that I have laying around!!

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
I too appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
26,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're all welcome!!!!

I've had my workbench for almost 4yrs and I don't know how lived without it before. It makes working on the bikes so much easier on your body. No more laying on the floor to do an oil change...everything is kind of at chest level.

·
Premium Member
26,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great info thanks! Wish I had a garage for it....
If you use pressure treated plywood and paint it, you could leave it outside for ever!!:biggrin

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,130 Posts
Nice :cool

Too bad I already bought a hydraulic lift long time ago :shifty

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
Nice, once I get a garage (house shopping) I will def. be attempting this

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I'd rather sit on the floor.

·
Registered
62 Posts
You say getting your bike on that thing is as easy as loading a pickup truck. Please tell me how that is easy! Because I find easy hard to believe. Seriously though, please tell me because I'm completely ignorant oh how I could get my bike on pick up or work bench. Thanks!

·
Blithering Idiot
2,306 Posts

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I moved back to Md 2 weeks ago. Oh did I mention the 3 car garage I have here. No more parking the bike in the living room for me. =)

·
Premium Member
26,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You say getting your bike on that thing is as easy as loading a pickup truck. Please tell me how that is easy! Because I find easy hard to believe. Seriously though, please tell me because I'm completely ignorant oh how I could get my bike on pick up or work bench. Thanks!

After you put it up and take it dawn a few times with the help of someone, it really becomes something very easy to do. I don't even have any issues when it's time to roll the big fat lady (aka my RC51) up the ramp and put it on the rear stand all by myself.:biggrin

FWIW, once I roll the bike up (I put it in gear and walk it up), I turn it off and kind of lean the bike on my side while I grab the rear stand and jack it up.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts