Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to come home early today to finish working on my SRT4.... when I got home my buddy who I rode with today called to tell me how to be careful and safe while riding.

His roomates cosuin died on the highway today whilke riding his sportbike R1/Gixxer I dont know..... it was a real sad to hear.

In addition, he told me that A guy was out riding his new 05 GSXR1K with his girl when a bunch of other bikers tried to "Jack" the bike from him. The 1K owner decided to take off and make a run from the thugs, but somehow how got cut off by one of the thugs while going into a lean and lost it.

The girl riding in the back has two broken legs, plus the driver was injured badly as well and will probably be paralyzed for life.

Lifes story.......

we live in a sick, dangerous world. nobody is safe, you cant even own nice things, first car jacking, then they wanna jack your bike too....

This story has made me sick to the point where I dont even know if getting all this celebrity attention while riding my bike is even worth it in the long run...

moral of the story, be careful everyone, ride in groups and keep an eye out on your bikes.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gosh both of those stories are sad, RIP and hope the other 2 get better.

I dont know about the other two on the 1K

If I ever become paralyzed, I'd rather have my family pull the plug on me....I'd rather be dead than to live life paralyzed

·
Registered
297 Posts
thats to bad that both those things happened. thats terrible that they guy and girl got messed up trying to escape some bike thieve's. i agree with the moral, just be careful, nobody knows what could happen next...

·
Registered
337 Posts
Very, very sad! Loss of life at young age (pre 60s-70s-80s) is a horrible expierence for the friends and family left behind, my thouths are with them! I know, Ive lost 3 friends and my brother in the last 1.5 years, all under the age of 35!!!!! All non riding related, thyroid cancer, heart attck, lukimia and pedestrian (friend) getting hit by a drunk driver!
And thats exactly why I ride! Our lives are short and precious, we never know what may happen! Our life may be cut shot by numerous things out of our control, no matter how we live our lives, hiding in a hole or on a living life (maybe race track) it dosent matter. So as Indian Larry said (R.I.P.) "If your not doing what you want to be doing, your wasting your life"
lifes to short to sit in that hole!
Ride Safe
-Peace

·
420 King of the World
3,440 Posts
Where was the attempted jacking??? Queens or somewhere else?? Sorry about the phucked situation.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I always carry two passengers when I ride.....Smith & Wesson

·
Registered
565 Posts
thats horrible a kid crashed his r1 here today in jersey i believe on 21. bike was said to be melted into pavement. dunno if the kid died or not.

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
I always carry two passengers when I ride.....Smith & Wesson
Same here! Only I carry a Springfield Armory XD .40 cal. Thank God for CC laws.

This is a pretty sad story though.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where was the attempted jacking??? Queens or somewhere else?? Sorry about the phucked situation.

I dont know, maybe jersey or queens?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
awful - G-bless all the fallen riders.

I hope the 2 on the Gixx1K get better.

Dang...

I hope so too... my assumption is that part of the reason he crashed is that maybe the tires werent broken in properly

·
Registered
63 Posts
Im from Jersey too. I heard the same thing about someone dying on 21. Any other details on that? 21's a real bad highway to get crazy on. Dips and bumps everywhere....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts