Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

So I recently bought Gsx-R600 2007. Condition seemed quite good, only 15k miles, no any collision records. For 3 months or so no any problems observed. But a few weeks ago I found out an oil leaking from the bottom of engine. It was clear oil was going from the gap between the water pump and the engine so I bought a new o-ring and took water pump off the engine. And then guess what...

photo_2020-05-03_22-39-08.jpg photo_2020-05-03_22-21-27.jpg photo_2020-05-03_22-21-29.jpg

The worst thing is that previous owner did not fix the problem (I mean that "welding" to me looks like some cold welding compound chaotically thrown on those cracks). Also that orange sealant used for the water pump / engine gap is not the best fix. Plus check out that bump going inside of tunnel.馃槪 So the questions are:

1) How it could happen? The w.pump itself looks nice (of course it might have been replaced) but anyway for me it's hard to imagine the way how the bike could have fallen.

2) How to possibly fix that in a proper way? Of course "the proper way" would be to disassemble the whole bike, clean that cold welding, weld it normally, change the o-ring and assemble all back. But is there any other possible solution?

Thanks in advance. 馃馃槈

Registered
The cause is simple: broken chain while riding, slammed into the engineblock
Don't know where you're from, but I would enquire what your buyer's rights are considering this is a hidden problem the seller failed to mention

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
The cause is simple: broken chain while riding, slammed into the engineblock
Don't know where you're from, but I would enquire what your buyer's rights are considering this is a hidden problem the seller failed to mention
Hey Nightbat!
Thanks for the reply! Yeah, that's most def is the chain strike... The problem is I have bought the bike almost 4 months ago and I don't have the contact of the seller :cautious: So anyway went to the mechanic yesterday, thanks God it's repairable. Most probably the engine will be disassembled and engine block will go for some welding. Fingers crossed, hope it will work 馃

Registered
Sounds expensive.

Check the chain, if it's stretched, get new chain and sprockets if so.
Then, do the proper chain tension and lubing, etc.
It'll never throw a chain then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts