Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all,

I was working on cleaning the bike last night (k4 1000) and I took the tail section off(well I tried to) when I was taking the screws out under the rear seat (two silver allen bolts), the mount (sleeve) that the screw goes into broke loose. I actually had to take a pair of vice grips to hold the mount (sleeve) from spinning. It looks like the screw was put in wrong originally. Wil that being said what are my options. I cannot see a way to get this sleeve out, and it actually looks like it is mounted into the frame. Any help is appreciated......

·
Registered
361 Posts
Its called a moly its like a rivet. you may be able to drill it out very carefully with a small punch collapse itr on to itself and replace with a new one.

·
Registered
361 Posts
worse could happen is that when you're drilling it out the place where you were holding with the pliers, that shoulder it might fall into the frame but hey, its out and you can now replace it!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
worse could happen is that when you're drilling it out the place where you were holding with the pliers, that shoulder it might fall into the frame but hey, its out and you can now replace it!
Very True, where can I get new ones at, any ideas. I'm pretty sure I can get to it from the bottom and remove it, at least it isn't the worst things that can happen

·
Registered
361 Posts
body shop

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a bunch..... Looks like I will be working on this when I put the full system on this weekend. By the way I noticed you have a serpent system as well, how do you like it? I had one on my K2 and now I'm adding it to my K4.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts